106-110

106 Once Again Going On Stage
May 26, 2019
secretdreamwishes
Lan You Nian sat in Zhen Wei Pavilion’s third floor. Gui Yi and Gui San were already waiting there.

“Little junior sister, senior brother was going to Lan manor to pick you up. But Gui Yi didn’t allow, so boring!” Gui San shook the folding fan. Fortunately this was still summer otherwise who knew how people would look at Gui San.

“Come, drink a cup of tea!” Gui Yi brewed a cup of flower tea and placed it in front of Lan You Nian. A robe of white made him appear ethereal. Strands of black silk were erected and casually tied together in the back. There was a feeling of ascending into the sky.

“Thanks big brother!” Lan You Nian accepted the tea, her eyes curved. Her appearance was that of a well-behaved little sister. She wasn’t as kind as she appeared but she was willing to retract her thorns in front of these people.

“I think little junior sister is biased. Now that you have Gui Yi you forget about me!” Gui San grumbled in dissatisfaction. With shifu absent, their strengths were equal. The friendship between them brothers was very good so there was rarely ever any conflicts between them. But since little junior sister came into their lives, the only dispute they had was who was the favorite brother in little junior sister’s heart. They’ve fooled around with each other so many years and they still aren’t tired of it.

“How so? Third brother worked hard for Wu Qing Pavilion. How about this time third brother go back to Wu Qing Pavilion to rest?” Lan You Nian said knowingly.

“Don’t! I want to stay in the capital to protect little junior sister!” Gui San hastily removed his folding fan as he begged for mercy.

“There’s me to protect little junior sister. You can go back!” Gui Yi’s voice floated in the air, that pair of eyes that desired nothing flashed with laughter.

“Hmph! If we compare our ability to scheme how can you compare to me? Gui Yi you go back to play with your herbs. Best let me protect little junior sister!” Gui San wasn’t convinced. Each brother had their own expertise.

“So you spread the news that little junior sister will come to Zhen Wei Pavilion today?” Gui Yi accused. Even the teacup in his hands landed on the table with some weight.

“No wonder there were so many people who came to Zhen Wei Pavilion today,“Lan You Nian wasn’t angry. She knew third brother will not do things that hurt her. What was there to be angry about between them.

“Now that many people in the capital know Miss Miao Yin is little junior sister, Gui San you still want little junior sister to go onstage? Isn’t this finding trouble for little junior sister?” It wasn’t that Gui Yi didn’t know Gui San had no intention of harming little junior sister. He was simply worried.

Gui San picked up the tea cup, sipping on the cold tea. The fox smile on his lips still did not change, “Since so many people know little junior sister is Miss Miao Yin then why don’t we prove it to them? It’s better than to have many people slander little junior sister behind her back!”

“True, but every time little junior sister goes on stage is voluntary. What you did was wrong!” Gui Yi still blamed Gui San. They knew little junior sister liked her freedom. If they tried to bind her or force her, they can’t guarantee little junior sister won’t leave them.

“How do you know little junior sister is not willing? Ai, between all us brothers it is still I who understand little junior sister best!” Gui San gloated, “The Ru Yi Restaurant opposite us is always imitating our Zhen Wei Pavilion, always vying for Zhen Wei Pavilion’s business. Once little junior sister comes, what business aren’t we able to compete with!”