🦅XLII: Crows (1)

ابدأ من البداية

But you kinda have a feeling that if Norrie doing this work, she would have already been sprawled to the ground from after a few minutes. That girl can look like she'd done 10 laps of running just by going up one flight of stairs after all. You made a mental note to call her later.

Goshiki Tsutomu jumps up with a smile on his face, feeling particularly good with this spike. You stand there on the side as you watch the current shiratorizawa ace do a decent line shot.

The trajectory of the ball that left his hand hit the line perfectly and he had slammed it with a force that could easily distinguish him from his peers too. So this was the ace.

He fixed his bangs as he finishes, and a smug expression appears on his face as he turns to his teammates for feedback. The approval from his lowerclassmen fired him up until his gaze landed on you.

Oh god.

You look to the left and the right to make sure. But his gaze was intense and you realized you couldn't run off.

You only give him a thumbs up and a smile you've clearly practiced a hundred times as a model made its way on your face.

"Uwaaaa." He says and he looked even more fired up afterwards. You could only scratch the back of your head.

"Whaa~ Tsutomu's in peak condition today too." The others said in awe.

"He's just showing off." Semi says, arms crossed.

Right. Showing off. You pause as the word repeats otself in your head.

Riggght. This was highschool. You tried to chant the statement like a mantra. Your fucked up standards shouldn't leak in this place. It'll be bad since you volunteered for support too.

A thin line appears on your lips and you try to remember these important points. You nod and walked away, bumping into a certain blocker

"What do you think?" Tendo suddenly asks you, his teammates looking at you with the same curious look.

"Of what?" You asked. "Of that play." Tendo's wide eyes look at you as if he's assessing a child's opinion.

And Ushijima Wakatoshi only looks away, knowing how this was gonna go down.