Groceries || Draco Malfoy x Reader

"Ok, milk check, all I need is butter, lettuce, watermelon and tomatoes..."
One wheel on my trolley seems to irritatingly go in every other direction than the direction I'm heading in. Somehow and in some time I manage to get to the tomatoes. There's one man there. He has stunning grey blue eyes, like a storm of confusion as he adds more and more tomatoes the pile he's attempting to balance in his arms.
"How do you hold them all..." He mumbles to himself as yet another tomato drops to the floor. I watch him with an eyebrow raised. He looks at me strangely as I slowly take a recyclable plastic bag and fill it with 4 tomatoes. "Oh." He mumbles, attempting to grab a bag like I did.
"Sorry first time.." He smiles shyly, placing the tomatoes in the bag. I raise an eyebrow as he adds 10 and counting.
"First time buying tomatoes or first time in a grocery store?" I laugh eyeing the suspicious amount of tomatoes he's purchasing.
"Big family..?" I add as he keeps going.
"First time in a grocery store actually... and no it's just me.. why?" He says as he stops adding tomatoes.
"I don't think you're going to need so many then... maybe about 3 or so" I laugh pointing to the bag.
"Thank you...?"
"Y/n" I smile.
"Draco" he says in return.
"If you like I could definitely help you around this place"
"That would be great, I was rather scared of getting lost"

"So you've never cooked your own meal?" I reach for two butters.
"Never had to"
"Or even done your own washing?"
"Nope"
"Do you have anyone in London you can call to help you find your way around?"
"Not really.."
"well... I can't just leave you struggling, if you need anything call me" I say handing over a piece of paper with my number on it.
"Um, this is quite embarrassing but... how do I call you?"
"Using your phone?" I say slowly, unsure what he's asking.
"Excuse me a what?"
"A phone.. the thing you use to call people"
"How do I get one of these devices?"
"You know what, we can go buy you one after this"
"Oh here's the bread!" Says Draco, reaching out for a loaf. He opens the bag and takes out 5 slices.
"Umm.. what are you doing?" I ask, stopping him.
"Getting bread...?" He asks, even questioning himself at this point.
"It shows you live under a rock" I laugh, gently putting the bread back into the bag and placing the whole thing in the basket.

*at the checkout*

"This is called self serve checkout, and you're going to put your basket here" I say motioning to the small metal table.
"Put your bags on the other side and start scanning items like this" I pick up a laundry detergent bottle and scan it." *BEEP*
"MAGIC" Draco exclaims with legitimate confusion and amazement. It was as if he'd just seen Beyoncé. He picks up more items and scans them, his smile growing bigger everytime it beeps, as if he's been sheltered his whole life from society.
"That was so cool I didn't know muggles used magic" Draco laughs.
"I'm sorry... muggles?" I ask.
"Now about the phone, where do we get that?" He brushes off the question.

"You can choose from any brand and any model" I say to him.
"What's the point of a having a small block on hand? What if the government spies on us through the camera!" He says eyeing them.
"Trust me they don't" I laugh.
"You're not working for the government, you don't know that! Our lives could be at danger, our information is being sold!" He says frantically.
"On the plus side you can use it when you're bored, call people, take photos and it can help you learn how to settle in through the internet" I shrug.
"Hi I'm Brenda, do you need any help?" Says a woman in the stores uniform, she has a painful smile forced into her face and her voice is so high pitched even ariana would flinch.
"Um... no thanks" Says Draco, wondering where she came from so quickly.
"We have the new iPhone 12 in today if you'd like the check that out or if you want something better the iPhone 12 S R Max Pro Mini Plus Lite SE that just came in or,if you're not an Apple fan-"
Draco abruptly just walks always, I give the lady a sympathetic smile then job after him. "What was that?" I asked laughing.
"She was VERY annoying" he rolled his eyes. "Also, I think I like this one" he said pointing to the iPhone 11 Pro.
"Oooo why that one?"
"I mean they all look the same and do the same thing so I don't really care... but I do love apples"
"Ok let's buy it and get out of here, what colour do you want?"
"Green." He says without missing a beat.

*outside the store*
"Ok now we've set it up completely, let's try out a few numbers" I say. Draco covers the front camera with the complementary apple sticker then sighs in relief.
"The Russian spies can't get to me now ahaha beat the system"
"You really didn't have to do that but if it helps you sleep at night..." I laugh.
"I have a confession, many of my friends from my old school gave me their numbers to stay in touch. I didn't know what they were for but I kept them just in case, it's been a year and I haven't called them" Draco says pulling out a collection of small papers.
"I haven't had a phone until now, let alone known how to work one... can we try some of them out?" He smiles.
"Of course, just type in the number then call them, or leave a message" I suggest.
Soon he's calling all the numbers:
..."Oi Potter, it's me, bet you didn't expect this; me calling from a GREEN APPLE PHONE. Muggles are genius'"
..."Hi... Dolores Umbridge...? Oh yes it's you. I envy the people who have never met you and I hope your day was as pleasant as you are, I just wanted to remind you it's better for people to think you're an idiot than for you to open you stupid little pink toad mouth and prove them right"
..."Weasley, your dad was right, muggles are pretty brilliant some of the time, and maybe your little girlfriend isn't so bad after all..."
..."Ring ring" Draco says laughing as a girl pick up his call.
"Who's there? Dracy is that you? I've been writing to you everyday for the past year!" She exclaims. Draco gags and mouths i hate her.
"A leaf"
"...A leaf who?"
"A leaf me alone and I'm blocking you" he says before proudly pressing the red end button as she started to protest.

"I take it you had a lot of beef with people at your old school" I laugh.
"It changed from time to time but generally yes, I was quite the prick"