Muggle Objects || Harry Potter x Reader

"So you'll be leaving next holidays?" Ron asks.
"Yes, to Australia." I say, for the 3rd time.
"How long will you be away?" Luna asks.
"Only a week, but I'm very excited to see all of the magnificent features of Australia!" I say.
"Oh, I'm sure you've seen quite a few from the tv." Harry laughs.
"A What?" I ask.
"Are you serious?" Harry asks.
"What? Should I know what it is?" I ask, a bit offended.
"Oh no, it's just, a television is a popular muggle device. It's a box like thing that presents tv shows, like tapes or moving pictures." Harry says.
"And you can hear them?" I ask, blown away already.
"Of course." Harry says.
"Yes, and while we are on the topic, I was wondering what a telephone is." I ask.
"Ok, if you are going on a holiday to a muggle area, I think you need to be tutored a bit." Harry chuckles.
"Yes, that would me a lot of help." I smile.

Harry and I sit down in the room of requirement. The room is filled with many objects I've never seen before.
"So this, is the tv I was taking about." Harry says, pointing to a big box with a window, showing a group of people playing sport.
Ron sits on the couch, across from it.
"Yep! Harry and I come here every Saturday night to watch the footy." Ron say, with a mouth full of popcorn.
"You like football?" I ask Harry.
"Not enough to watch it every Saturday night, but Ron still can't figure out how to turn it on." Harry says grinning.
"It's not my fault, those muggles had to confuse us all with these thousand buttoned remote controls." Ron says.

"Ok, moving on, this is a phone. You use it to talk to other people." Harry explains, handing me a weird shaped object.
"So you just talk to it?" I ask.
"You need to dial the number of the person you need to contact." Harry says.
"If you forget to do that, then you'll end up like Ron, talking to nobody for half an hour."
"Here, we can practise, there's another one on the other side of the room." Harry says, pointing to it.
"Ok, let's see..." I say picking up the phone.
"Hello?" Comes from the other side of the phone.
"Hello!" I laughs.
"How's it going? You seem to be picking it up quickly!" He says from the other side of the line.
"Let's practise a real life conversation, I'll start!" Harry says.
"So I need some advice..."
"Yes?" I ask.
"There is a girl at my school who I really like, what should I do about it."
"You should tell her."
"How? Straight up?"
"Yeah, straight up tell her how you feel."
"Ok, I'll do it now!"
"Don't ditch me!" I say.
"Oh I don't need to leave." He says chuckling.
"So you're going to call her?" I ask.
"No need."
"Ok, but how-"
"Y/n, I like you a lot." He says before hanging up almost immediately after confessing.
I stand there, speechless, phone still in hand.
"I like you too." I smile, before putting down the phone.

"Ok, I feel so much better getting that out, now, this is an elevator." Harry says, pointing to a small model.
"Way to ruin the moment!" Ron says from the couch.
"Wait, the cube?" I ask, resuming our conversation.
"Yes, this box takes you to any floor of the building." Harry say.
"And this is an escalator, it's like moving stairs."
"Interesting... are they enchanted?" I ask.
"Muggles can't do that." Harry says.
"Ok, now since you are going on a holiday, you'll be staying at a hotel right?" He asks.
"Yep!" I reply.
"Well, this is a room key." He says, holding up a piece of cardboard.
"A room key? It doesn't look like a key..." I say inspecting in.
"You slide it into the door and the door will open but you can still use a spell." Harry says.
"Ok, we'll probably be using the spell..." I chuckle.
"Good idea. The first time the Dursley's got one, they lost it and blamed it on me. We were locked outside for quite a bit. " Harry chuckles.

"And last summer, we called security because our door wasn't opening but it turned out we were on the wrong floor and that wasn't our room." He says with the biggest smile.

"What is going on here?!" Someone booms.
I snap my head to the doorway where Professor Snape stands with Professor Dumbledore who is holding a bag of chips.

"Goal!!!" Ron screams, not acknowledging their presence.
"Oh no! Did the game start already?" Dumbledore sighs, walking towards the tv.
"You shouldn't be here or even up at this hour!" Snape says.
After a bit of silence, he speaks again.

"Which team scored?"