Stay || Neville Longbottom x reader

"Miss L/n, please meet me in my office" Professor Dumbledore says to me. I nod my head knowing what it was about.
His gestures to a chair infront of his desk and i sit down. "I'm ever so sorry about your parents Y/n... as you know what had happened, you need a guardian. You mother and farther had mentioned someone they wanted to look after you" he says.
"Who? Im nearly 18, i can look after myself" i reply.
"You are not 18 yet, thats one whole year away miss L/n..." Dumbledore says to me. "It is against the law"
"You have to stay with..."

"So who do you have to stay with?" Neville asks.
"The Weasley's" i say.
"What? Another child living with us? Oh please" Ron huffs.
"It's only for 1 year" Hermione reminds him.
"Yeah 1 year months, thats a very short amount of time" he says in sarcasm.
"If you don't want me i can go tell Dumbledore" i said shrugging.
"I mean you already have too many siblings in the house, it must be hard handling them"
"Yep, you must understand me, too many kids if you ask me" Ron said.
"Yeah, your mum should have skipped the 6th child" i grin.
"I agree" he replies.
We sit there in akward silence until Ron realises he was the 6th child.
"Hey!" He shouts.

Later that day i sit with Neville at the Hufflepuff table.
"But why do you have to go with the Weasley's, what happened with your parents?" He asks.
"I don't want to talk about it" i sigh.
"Did they get angry at you? Did you have a fight? Did they divorce? What happened? Hey, don't tell me they didn't want you anymore" he warns.
"No, its better you don't know about it, it's kinda a family issue not yours" i say.
"Well it is kinda my buisness too, I'm your best friend, i think i have the right to know what is going on too" Neville says.
"If you really want to know what happened, go ask Voldemort, he has full details on what had happened that night!" I scream.
"Oh no..." Neville mumbles.
"I'm so so sorry" he whispers.
"Sorry? You don't need to say sorry, Voldemort does and sorry doesn't even cover 2 deaths. I mean, does the dark lord even ever say that word? My Dad even started to work for him and become a death eater for my family's saftey and then 1 month later, opps they are dead" i say, now talking faster than usual.
"Y/n, calm down you are starting to go crazy"
"Crazy? I have a very good reason of why i can be crazy at a time like this and Calm? How can i be calm when my parents have just died?! You know what? I need more time alone!" I say stomping out of the great hall and to the Hufflepuff common room.

I lay in bed thinking. Just thinking about life. Voldemort wants to kill me.
But i don't want to leave my friends and especially Neville. I've had a big crush ln Neville since i met him but am too scared of ruining our powerful friendship. So i just keep it to myself.
I'm not sure he likes me though. The memory, the memory of that day.

Flash Black-
"Neville, i have to leave" i say quietly.
"For how long?" He asks.
"A very long time but if you don't want me to go-" i said but Neville cut me off.
"No no its ok, you can go" he says smiling.
"But why?" He asks.
"My parents thought it would be better to home school me but they don't want to take me away from friends so i decided to ask" i explain.
"Ok, if thats what you want, go" he shrugs.
End of Flashback

2 years.
Thats how long i was gone for. My whole 2nd and 3rd year was home schooled by my parents until i got sick of it. They took me back to hogwarts and my friends (including Neville) were delighted tk have me back. At that moment, i thought there was a chance that Neville had liked me back but then the Yule Ball came around and he took Ginny. I was devistaed but happy for him.
Now I have to protect myself.
If he doesn't like me then there is no point in staying here for Neville.
Voldemort wants to kill me and I'm not going to sit around and wait for him to come and get me. Not if I can do something about it while I am alive.
I have to escape. I'm not going to tell anyone or any professor because Voldemort may get the truth out of them. I'm on my own and don't need anyone else but myself to survive.