thirty

I thought I was dreaming when I heard the sound of laughter, but when my eyes fluttered open, I saw Rocky looking down at me. I closed my eyes for a brief second but when I opened them again, he was still standing there. I watched him open his mouth and his lips move like he was speaking to me, but I couldn't hear a thing he said. I was so tired that I couldn't comprehend what was going on. I honestly thought I was dreaming, so I rolled over and pulled the blanket up to my shoulder.

I knew I was awake when the blanket was ripped off of me and suddenly Adam's face was leaning over top of me. I watched him speak, but just like Rocky... I didn't hear a single thing he said. I stared at him, trying to focus on his mouth so that I could try and figure out what he was saying... but then a few seconds later, all that came out of my mouth was gibberish. I was so exhausted that my body was fighting to get up.

"I want tacos." I muttered, rolling back over so that I was facing Adam and Rocky.

"Tacos? It's like 10 a.m." Rocky responded. I was awake enough to hear that.

"Tacos are acceptable any time of the day." I reached up and started rubbing my eyes.

"Are you all right?" Adam asked.

"I'm hungry and I want tacos." I told him.

"That's not what I asked you, Danielle." Adam frowned at me.

"What?" I muttered.

"I asked if you were all right." Adam said.

"I will be fine... once I have tacos. Where can we go to get tacos?" I sat up and brushed my hair out of my face. I didn't care how I looked.

"I think your girlfriend is broken." Rocky laughed.

"Huh?" I muttered.

"Are you even awake?" Adam watched me.

"Yeah." I nodded, still half asleep.

"Are you sure?" Rocky laughed as he watched me.

"Can we go get tacos?" I asked.

"We can get tacos at the Juice Bar." Adam told me.

"Yay!" I smiled.

"After we roller blade there." He added.

"Yup, I'm definitely still dreaming." I let myself fall back onto the bed.

"Babe, do you want tacos or not?" Adam asked.

"Two things. First – Yes, I want tacos. Second... did you just call me babe?" I asked, sitting back up.

"If you want to get tacos, you have to roller blade with us there. You'll be fine, trust me." Adam said. He ignored my question, which was fine. I knew why he probably did it.

"Fine, fine, fine... Rocky, you are probably the only other person I would let witness my pending failure." I scooted closer to the edge of the bed.

"Well I feel honored." He laughed, nudging Adam as they both stood there and watched me.

"I could use an energy drink right about now. I'm exhausted." I muttered.

"I think we all are." Adam yawned which set of a train reaction of yawning in the room. I glared at him and he only just glared back.

I don't think I was awake enough to fully object going roller blading with Adam and Rocky. After all, I had already told him I would at least try. Even if I were terrible at it. I quickly ran my hands through my hair before grabbing a quick change of clothes. Mainly, I borrowed a new shirt from Adam until I could go back to Kimberly's and get my own clothes. The shirt I borrowed looked like an old martial arts shirt, but it said something in a language I didn't know. All I knew was that it worked for now.