twenty seven

I was lucky enough that Bulk and Skull were not in my second class. I did, however, request that my teacher move me seats. Aisha helped convince them greatly and they ended up moving me closer to her. I was thankful for that became at last this was step in the right direction to keep us from getting into it. I honestly think that things between me and those two were only going to get worse. I was going to at least try and be civil to keep myself from getting in trouble at school but I couldn't guarantee that I would be able to keep my mouth shut towards them outside of school. What they had said to me was totally uncalled for and they deserved to be punched right in the mouth, but I could never do that. Someone else might do it for me, but I could never. Even though they were so cruel, I just couldn't find it in me to be that way to them. I couldn't be like my grandmother.

The rest of the day went fairly smoothly and by the time the final bell rang, I was completely exhausted and I was looking forward to going home and nappy with Adam. Even if all he did was lay with me... I'd be okay with that. Just being in the same room with Adam was enough for me. That boy was too good for me and I will never not say that. We met at our lockers as we gathered all our things to take home. Adam only had a few things but I had a whole backpack full of things from all my missing work. I'd probably get started on that tonight since I had a lot of making up to do. I couldn't let myself go completely even though things were incredibly rough for me right now.

"Ready?" Adam asked, "Grandma has lessons almost all evening at the Youth Center, so we'll probably be along most of the night."

"I miss my violin. It's still at my grandmothers house with most of my stuff." I sighed as we walked the halls, heading for the main entrance.

"Don't worry. We'll be getting all your things sooner or later once my grandma finds out what we need to do to help you." Adam smiled down at me.

"I know." I sighed again, "Are you really going to make me roller blade and humiliate myself?"

"It won't be that bad. I'm sure you're a lot better than you think you are." He told me as we trotted down the steps and headed down the sidewalk. From the school, I couldn't tell you how to get to his house. I still barely knew they area surrounding the school. I hadn't bothered to get to know it. 

"Oh trust me..." I rolled my eyes, "You're going to make fun of me the whole time. I'm willing to bet on it."

"I might tease you, but I would never make fun of you." He nudge me as we stopped at a crosswalk and checked both directions before crossing.

"Oh just wait and see." I muttered.

"Everything alright?" He wondered as we continued walking. I had my backpack slung over one shoulder but it was a lot heavier than I thought it was. I was too lazy to put the other strap on and even out the weight.

"Yeah, just exhausted... that's all." I glanced at him.

"At least you made it through the day without any issues." He smiled.

"Yeah, that's a good thing." I agreed. "I have so much work to make up though, so that will probably consume my weekend. I won't start on any of it until tomorrow though."

"I'll help if I can." He told me.

"You're too sweet." I nudged him. I started recognizing the area we were in and I knew we were nearing his house.

"I try." He laughed. I felt his arm nudge mine again but this time his hand slid down to mine and he entangled our fingers together. I felt myself start to blush as I started swinging our arms as we approached his house.

He pulled a house key out of his pocket an spent a few seconds to unlock the door. When we both walked inside, we both kicked our shoes off and then I dropped my backpack off at the dining room table before I headed straight to Adam's bedroom. I pulled his blanket back and curled right up on one of his pillows. I didn't care if I had even left him any room on his own bed but he must have had room because he slid onto the bed next to me and wrapped an arm around him.