twenty one

Adam made sure I got home at least fifteen minutes before I told my grandmother I would be home. I had thought I would be home late because of the monster we fought, but nope... I was home early. I didn't let Adam linger around when he brought me home because I didn't want my grandmother saying anything to him. She didn't say much to me either other than when she asked me to clean the kitchen and the bathroom. No big deal. I could do that.

She had gone to bed early, so that left me time to go to the command center. I was really curious to as why I didn't have a zord like the others. They might not even have an answer for me. I waited until I knew for sure that my grandmother was sleeping before I teleported to the command center. This time, I landed where I wanted too – right in the main control room. I looked around, seeing Alpha pressing buttons on one of the boards. Then I looked up at the tube where Zordon normally was. It took him a few seconds to appear, but he didn't seem surprised that I was there.

"Danielle, it's nice to see you as always." Zordon said, "Adam said we'd be expecting you."

"Of course he did. What did he say I'd be coming here for?" I wondered.

"You wish to know why you don't have a zord." Zordon said.

Alpha didn't pay any attention to us as we talked. He clearly looked like he was working on something.

"Well, Adam's pretty smart." I nodded. "Why don't it?"

"I don't know why there is no Velociraptor zord. Your power coin was created without one. It is believed that your staff can grow large enough to assist the rangers in a time of need while powering the zords. If that is ever the case, you will assist Rocky inside the Tyrannosaurus zord. When the megazord if formed, you will have a place amongst the others. Your assistance hasn't been needed quite yet but I feel it will soon." Zordon explained.

"That's really weird that I don't have a zord." I muttered.

"I agree with you Danielle. This is not something I can explain further when I don't even know the answer." Zordon said.

"Well, you did give me an answer. Maybe I don't have a zord because my staff is a weapon for the zords instead." I suggested.

"I think you are correct." He agreed.

"Well, I guess that's all I really wanted to ask. Thank you Zordon." I shrugged.

"Of course." Zordon looked at me, "Now, even Power Rangers need their rest."

"Okay, Zordon. I'm going... I'm going." I muttered. I held onto my communicator and then thought about my bedroom. I was there within seconds. I was exhausted by the time I put my pajamas on but I couldn't fall asleep when I laid down.

I tossed and turned, sighting out of frustration each time. I could not get comfortable and the longer I stirred, the more the thoughts started popping back into my head. I finally gave up on trying to sleep when that happened. So, I got up from my bed and went and sat next to my window. I hadn't closed the blinds or curtains before laying down, so they were still open for me to look out at. The sky was dark with almost no stars anywhere. The moon was a dim gray and was hardly noticeable. The trees were still, telling me there was no gusts of wind.

I stared out the window, zoning out after a few minutes. Then, it suddenly felt like I was re-living the night my parents passed again. I could see myself sitting in my old room in front of a vanity I once had. I was curling my hair and fluffing it out before putting hairspray in to keep it in place. Then I watched myself put on some make up, which was something I rarely did. Then, I got dressed in a blue mini skirt and a white top. Again, something I rarely did... I then checked to make sure my parents were upstairs before I snuck out of my window and headed to the party I had been told not to go to.