twenty nine

I'm not gonna lie, I was incredibly nervous when Zordon appeared in the tube and Alpha appeared from another room. I looked at Adam for assurance and he just gave me a shy sleepy smile. I rubbed my hands together as I waited for someone to say something. I had no clue what to even say. I couldn't explain why I just abandoned the other rangers, even if I was going through something.

I looked at Adam again – seeing that he was watching me. I looked back at Zordon and more words just caught in my throat. I could not physically get them out right now and it was kind of embarrassing. I looked back at Adam with tears in my eyes because I just felt so stupid right now. He saw the tears and walked closer to me, putting his hand on my shoulder as he looked up at Zordon and spoke for me.

"Danielle is having trouble finding the right words right now." Adam said.

"Yes, Adam. She is. But there is nothing that needs to be said here. I can sense her emotions and I can sense how deeply she regrets giving up her morpher and communicator without telling anyone. I know these last few weeks have been difficult for her but these belong to her. Which is why I had Alpha send Danielle her morpher so she can assist you and the other rangers in battle tonight." Zordon said.

"I don't think you should give it back to me." I finally spoke up.

"Why do you say that?" Alpha asked.

"I don't deserve it. I'm just going to mess up again. This belongs to you guys and you should find someone who can actually handle this responsibility." I pulled my morpher back out and started to set it back down on one of the control panels.

"The Velociraptor coin chose you for a reason, Danielle Hale. The power belongs to you because you are responsible enough to contain it. Your current situation does not define who you are as a person. I've told you previously that each coin selects who they belong too based on their impressive qualities. You Danielle, carry the power of strength, focus, and selflessness." Zordon said.

"But I wasn't selfless when I gave up my morpher. I was selfish and the others could have really gotten hurt because I chose to give it up." I shook my head.

"The fact that you recognize that, just proves that you do to deserve to be apart of our team." Adam said.

"Adam is right." Alpha said.

"Every person is flawed in their own ways. I'm certain that the other rangers forgive you for doing what you had to do during your time of hurt. But I can see that you've started paving a new path for yourself by telling the truth. This will get you very far in your journey to having a better life. I cannot force you to hold the responsibility that comes with the power coin – that is ultimately up to you." Zordon said.

"You have all been way too kind to me... but I do accept this responsibility. I'm sorry for letting everyone down and I promise that I won't do it again." I picked my morpher back up and watched it disappear into my hands.

"We all have faith in you, Danielle. We're glad to have you finally back on the team. Please, take your communicator now and the two of you return home to get some rest like the others. We all know this isn't the last of Rita and Lord Zedd's monsters." Zordon said.

I looked over at Alpha and watched him press a sequence of buttons on one of the control panels and then Adam and I were teleported out of there. We were brought back to his bedroom and it was just in time because Adam's grandmother had come walking in just moments after we got back. She cracked the door open slightly enough to peek in on us, but we both pretended we were asleep. Adam laid on his bed, facing away from the door and I sat all slumped in the chair at his computer desk as if I had fallen asleep there.