22. Visio ~ {The Vision}

Evelyn Brose's hurry was felt as well as seen. She ushered Ruby upstairs to a small hallway in the east wing. Ruby could hear that Ryan and Cassy were following closely behind. At the hallway's end was a large stained glass window that faced a courtyard. Ruby tried to figure out what the stained glass depicted but there was no time for that. 

Evelyn Brose handed Ruby a hand mirror backed with silver. She then moved to remove the cloth from the wall where another mirror was hung. This mirror looked ancient. It's edges were wobbly and there were waves within the glass. Ruby imagined she could see the glass moving. Was it moving? Evelyn Brose positioned Ruby gently to face away from the ancient mirror hanging on the wall.

"Ryan, place your hand on Ruby. Someplace appropriate please dear, we don't want to distract her more than necessary. Cassy love, stand on her other side and also find a place to put your hand. It must be skin to skin."

Ruby turned her face to look up at Ryan on her right side. She offered him a smile even though she felt hesitant and afraid. She did not attempt to question Mama Brose. Ruby knew that magic mail meant shit was probably going down. Ryan put his palm on the small of Ruby's back. It was the easiest place to fit his large hand completely. Ruby tried to incorporate the sensation of the mate's pull, the one she wasn't supposed to feel yet, into her own energy so it was less distracting. 

Cassy wrapped her hand around Ruby's arm. Once they were both attached to her she could feel the buzz of their combined energy shifting through each other. She looked at Ryan and then Cassy to see if they could feel it too. She found Ryan smiling at her but then looking back at Mama Brose while Mama Brose was only observing Ruby.

"I always imagined that Ryan would be eventual coven leader. It appears I was mistaken." Evelyn Brose commented as she watched the interaction between the three teens as they stood there waiting for the next direction.

"Your energies are growing. Right, now Ruby, when you have centered and you can feel that Cassy and Ryan are both thinking of the dream then is when you put yourself into the dream and lift the smaller mirror to watch the mirror behind you." Evelyn Brose had a notepad in her hand and a pen in the other, Ruby noted that she is left-handed, just like Ryan.

"When you see something, I want you to describe it to me as detailed as you can, ok? I'm going to put my phone on record, just in case I can't write fast enough." Evelyn Brose set up her phone and nodded for Ruby to prepare.

Ruby felt the weight of the mirror in her hand. She'd never done this before but she was not one to avoid a new challenge. She took a deep breath and began to open her mind so that she could feel if Cassy and Ryan were in the dream. She could feel their minds meandering then it was like they had found their locker combination and they were in. Ruby jumped into those sewer tunnels with them in her mind and then slowly lifted the mirror, afraid of what she might see.

The waves of the mirror behind her were lulling, she followed them with her eyes as she watched the smaller mirror and waited to see a vision. The waves of glass moved like an ocean, and Ruby imagined the little white peaks of the sea as the wind blew it about. She realized it didn't look like that a moment ago and she took a deep breath to talk.

"I can see an ocean and it's disturbed like the wind is blowing hard. The sky is dark but I can see in the distance, there is a light, but this light is sporadic. It dims and grows stronger and dims again. I'm approachings a large city on the left. It's far in the distance. It feels like i'm flying over a forest. I can see dark things moving between the trees. They are chasing and running away at the same time. I can't see what they are chasing but behind them is a storm of some sort that is pulling out the trees of the forest. They are flying up in the air to where I am. I can feel the dirt from their roots in my eyes.