21. Sinit Esse Lupos ~ {Let's Be Wolves}

"Now Ruby as soon as you are finished eating I want you to drink the rest of that tea and I will check the binding on your big wolf."

"Yes, Mama Brose." Ruby took another bite of waffle. She had put butter and syrup carefully into each square and was really enjoying how a pastry could be crunchy and then so smooshy in the middle. "Mmmmm"

Ryan looked at Ruby while she moaned. She didn't notice his hand moving to try and discretely adjust himself some just after. He ears flushed red while Cassy prepared to tease them both.

"Guys, it's only breakfast, no need to be so sensitive." Cassy's tone was very magnanimous as she was smiling thinking about Kieran. 

"Children, what is going on with all of you. Something feels different today, hmm?" Evelyn Brose eyed the three of them as they seemed to be together about something.

"We had a lucid dream together, Mum. There were six of us. Ruby, Cass, Luke, and I, and two people we have yet to meet. Two people who are fated to Luke and Cass we think." Ryan announced the details as though he were filing a brief of some sort.

"What kind of dream?" Evelyn Brose looked concerned, there was some kind of magic that didn't originate from her at play. She knew that Delilah could not cast past her own valley, someone was linking the kids.

"We were in sewer tunnels and they all met at this whirlpool. Some kind of stinky water demon came out. All of us knew what to do. We all cast with a return to hell spell and it was gone. But after that, something else happened. We heard a voice. The voice said 'They are coming'." Ryan looked at his mother's countenance while he waited to hear what she thought.

"After your run today we will do a little divination. We should have a lesson anyway. Too many days without practice leaves your power stale. It's a living entity, it must be cared for and maintained." Evelyn began to pack the duffel bag that they would carry with their lunch items.

"Where are we going?" Ruby asked as she saw another duffel being prepared with towels and bathing suits.

"To the lake up top," Ryan answered as he grabbed the two duffels that were now ready.

"Wait, Ruby! Let me check your binding!" Evelyn Brose sat Ruby down on the chair again and moved her hand over the space where Ruby's heart is.

The three energy patterns looked jagged this morning. Evelyn made a comment about getting more rest but then noted that nightmares would disrupt the natural order of sleep. She reiterated her binding of brother's wolf spirit and then wave the three teens off.

"Now go, shift! Have fun. Ryan? Your Uncle is going to have a few wolves tailing you guys just to keep you safe." Eveyln Brose commented as the three teens headed for the back door.

"I'm sure Jacob is on that detail! Bye Mama Brose, see you in a few hours or so." Ruby walked out the back door with Cassy and Ryan and the three of them walked toward the edge of the woods. Ryan and Cassy both carried a duffel and Ruby felt guilty about that. She wondered if she should be carrying something too.

When they reached the edge of the woods, Ruby was surprised to find a three-sided shelter standing there with hooks on the walls.

"It's a shifting booth. Uncle Seb got tired of leaving his pants on the ground after he left them on a hill of ants once and didn't notice before he put them back on. Plus it's easier for modesty I guess." Ryan set the duffel bag down and stepped into the booth. 

Ruby could hear Ryan taking his clothes off. She tried not to think about knowing that Ryan was naked behind the thin wall and that caused her to giggle to herself. Cassy poked her in the side as though she knew what Ruby was thinking.