Return to Unpleasentville ~ Part 2

~~At the 50's Dance~~

The first thing Caroline and Lizzie do is head out to the dance floor.

Me and Josie spot Damon, so we walk over to him.

"So, what's going on with this vampire?" Josie asks him.

"Broke into Elena's house. Tried to kill her. You know, vampires being vampires."

I roll my eyes.

"I think she meant about whats up with this vampire, at the damn dance Damon."

"We're on the look out for him. I'm going to be bait, and you guys will help kill him." Elena says, I'm guessing tired of Damon being Damon.

Josie looks around, and spots Dr. Saltzman looking, more like glaring, at Damon.

"Should I?" Josie asks me.

"So he doesn't murder Damon. Yeah." I tell her before she could even say anything else.

~~Josie's POV~~

"Hey! Dr. Saltzman!" I say, walking over to him.

"Josette, right? Sorry, I'm horrible with names."

"Yeah, but I go by Josie."

"Either way, it's a very pretty name Josie. So what are you doing talking to your teacher at a school dance? Isn't that," He trys to do a teenage boy's voice, "very uncool?"

"Most people would see it that way, but I don't. Your like one of the only people I know here who isn't busy so..."

He laughs a little.

"Didn't your report say you had family here?"

"Yeah, my twin sister and my cousin. Although they are busy and we just moved here so I don't have many friends."

"Fair enough. I guess you will just have to put up with me for a little while then."

We both laugh a little.

"So where did you move from?" Da- Dr. Saltzman asks.

I can't say Mystic Falls, so I'll go with the only other place we lived.

"Dallas. Although, my cousin is from New Orleans."

"Awesome. I used to live there with my wife..."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did something happen to her?"

"Yeah, she's missing and no one knows what happened."

"I'm sorry. I know what it's like to lose people you care about."

"Yeah..." He whispers out.

"Let's change the subject, why don't we! What do you want to talk about?"