History Repeating (Episode 9) ~~ Part 1

Hope's POV

Hope's POV

I see Caroline and Elena walking up to the school together. Today though, I decided to spend almost all of it with Lizzie and Josie. We've been doing that a lot lately. Just hanging out, the three of us.

"Alright, let's head to History. I wonder who our replacement teacher is." I say before linking mine and the twins arms and walking us to sit down in class. We are here early, so we just chat about random things.

When someone walks. That someone, who is our new history teacher. That someone who's name is Alaric Saltzman.

"Good morning everyone. Alright. Let's see."

"You two ok?"

"Yeah. We're fine." Lizzie says quickly looking down at her notebook, to not show the tears I know are in her eyes.

I look at Josie, worried about her too, but she seems more worried about Lizzie right now.

Dr. Saltzman finished writing his name on the board.

"-N." He dusts off his hands," Alaric Saltzman. It's a mouthful. I know. Doesn't exactly roll of the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here in 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston. Now, the name Alaric belonged to a very dead great-grandfather I will never be able to thank enough. You'll probably want to pronounce it 'Ala-ric' but it's 'A-larlic', ok? So you can call me Rick. I'm your new history teacher."

He went on and taught us about, you guessed it, history.

Lunch

Me and the twins are sitting at a lunch table, just chatting. Not a while later, Bonnie comes and sits down next to us.

"Hey, we need a distraction, and we were hoping you could talk to us to get our mind off of it?"

"Sure." Josie says, before Lizzie starts to mention the fact that it was our girls day.

"So, Hope, I want you to come to my Gram's house with me this weekend. Remember what we talk about?"

"Oh, yeah, about that-"

"She will go." Lizzie says cutting me off.

I just giver her a look, hopeing that it says that she's a bitch.

"Alright! Great! I'll pick you up at 9?"

"Sure..."

"So, what's bothering you two?" Lizzie ask, nosy as ever.

"Umm.. nothing. Just some personal stuff."

"No, that can't be it. I need the details!"

"You are so much like Caroline sometimes, Lizzie." Elena points out. I mean, they are a mother daughter pair...

"Yeah! Does she stop when you don't give her the details?"

"No....." Elena trails off, looking over and seeing Stefan sitting on one of the tables and she gets up and walks over to him.