Meet Our Friend

A/N: Hi guys! 😌 I am terribly sorry I haven't updated in ages. I promise I will update more frequently. I hope you like it! Xx

It was a cold and dismal day, the wind was howling and the rain was pounding against the glass window.
Pushing yourself up and rubbing your eyes, you glance at the time on your phone '10:30'.
Getting up, you start doing your morning routine.
You were recovering well, but were still weak and had very little desire to eat. Every time you would refuse food or eat a little and push your plate away, the boys would sigh sadly.
Though it had only been a week, you had grown really close to the boys; somehow they had broken down your barriers and gained your trust.

When you finish getting ready, you walk downstairs and sit at the table between Liam and Calum.
All the boys look at you and greet you.
"Morning Angel," Luke says with a smile, using the nickname he had given you. "How did you sleep?".
"Good, thank you. Where are Harry and Ashton?" You ask looking around.
"They are making us breakfast!" Both Niall and Michael say enthusiastically.
You giggle to yourself and then Harry and Ashton walk in with plates of food. Harry places a plate of pancakes in front of you,
"Good morning Kitten, eat up now, we have plans for today." Harry says with an encouraging smile.
Picking your fork up, you start eating (though you were not very hungry).
"What are we going to do on such a cold and dark day?" You question.
"We are going to introduce you to our fans in a Twitcam!" Ashton exclaims excitedly.
A Twitcam? A knot begins to form in your stomach, You were never one to feel comfortable with millions seeing your face and judging you purely based on your outer appearance. What if they hate you?

The boys decided to do the Twitcam at 8 o'clock in the evening, so they didn't have to rush it.
They had tweeted about it and said they would be introducing their new friend.
Within a minute:
'#1Dand5SOSTwitcam'
'#WhoIsTheNewFriend'
And various other things were top trends worldwide.

The day went on casually and when it was 7:30 you decide to go and help the boys. Walking into the living room, you see the boys getting ready - Louis and Calum getting the laptop set up, Niall, Luke, Harry, Michael and Zayn gathering the props and Ashton and Liam making sure the lighting was perfect and everything was going to plan.
At last everything was set and by 8:15 the streaming had begun, as per usual, the boys were late. None-the-less, it was working well.
You were sat on the sofa with Harry, Zayn and Calum. Louis, Ashton and Michael on the floor and Niall, Liam and Luke on the backrest of the sofa.
Surprisingly, you all fitted in the screen and it was not freezing much.
"Hi guys!" All the boys practically shouted.
"Welcome to our Twitcam! Thank you for tuning in today. sorry we are late, again." Ashton greets with a huge smile,
"So first things first--"
"FIRST THINGS FIRST I"M THE REALIST" Michael, Calum and Niall scream, breaking into the familiar rap.
"Stop it guys! Let me introduce Y/N first!"
The boys become silent and let Ashton continue,
"Anyway, this is Y/N!" He says, dramatically gesturing towards you.
"She is our new friend and she is incredible! Oh, and she is living with us!" His smile grew bigger.
"Hi" You say, awkwardly waving at the screen.
You look at the screen and see loads of tweets coming in, rapidly and constantly. You see hundreds of comments about how cute and lucky you are.
Inevitably, there is also a lot of hate, telling you that you do noth deserve to be amongst such amazing people, that you are the flaw of a perfect picture. Though most comments were nice, the few that weren't made you a little bit upset.

Zayb noticed your uneasy persona and pointed it out to Calum discreetly.
Calum looked at the screen and read a few derogatory comments, his face instantly becoming contorted; a sour look gracing his features as he points it out to the rest of the boys.
"Please stop the hate. Some of the things popping up on the screen are just disgusting. Leave Y/N alone. She means a lot to us, and if you hurt her, you hurt us. If you are a real fan, you would not want that to happen. Would you?"
The boys agree with Calum, saying words of their own as well.
You just sit there, shocked.
The people you have loved and stood up for, for ages, just stood up for you. It seemed highly surreal. You pinch yourself, just to make sure it was not just a vivid dream.
These boys were proving to be more amazing than you ever imagined.

The rest of the Twitcam went very well. You had soon broken through your shell and were more involved. It was hilarious and so much fun.
You used to sit and watch them and now, you were apart of it all, and it was wonderfully exhilarating!
The Twitcam ended at 10:30 and it took another half an hour to calm down and tidy everything up.
By the end of it all, you were exhausted and very tired.
"Goodnight boys! I'm going to sleep, I'm very tired and it is quite late as well." You say yawning.
All the boys nod and give you a hug and wishing you goodnight.

You walk up to your room and sit on your bed. That is when you hear a knock.
You turn to face the door and give the person permission to enter.
Zayn walks in and smiles at you.
"Hey" He says sitting on the edge of your bed.
"Hi" You return.
"Look, I know those comments hurt you." He says looking at you.
"No, it's fine, thank you for noticing and standing up for me." You say.
"Anytime. That's besides the point. I know it still hurt, don't try to deny it." His words were firm but understanding and caring.
You nod slightly.
"You don't believe any of that right?" He asks, looking at you.
You do not move nor say a word.
"You believe them." He stares sadly,
"I know it hurts Love, but it is not true at all. You are amazing, intellegent, wonderful, sweet, funny, beautiful and much more. Do not let the words of others hurt you, you are too good for such things. They don't know what they are on about, they do not know you. But I do, and I know you are a phenomenal person. Whether you believe it or not. I am not letting you get hurt again. I am always here for you. I promise."
With that, he gets up and leaves, but before he leaves you speak up.
"Thank you Zayn."
"No problem Beautiful, goodnight."
And then he leaves.

It took you aback the amount he had spoken. He was a quiet person but certainly observant.
That night, Zayn's words consume your thoughts. In particular, one word stood out. A word you didn't hear about yourself often. That simple word making you fall asleep with a big smile. 'Beautiful'.