Journey To Paris

The next day, after you have finished packing, Calum decides to take you for lunch. He leads you off the institute premisses and to a nearby café.

"Are you excited to go to Paris?' He asks as you both sit down and look at the menus.

"Definitely! It is so beautiful in pictures and such, but it will be amazing to experience it firsthand." You reply eagerly.

"Yes! Paris is so cool!" Calum says, the joy in his tone evident. After much deliberation on what to eat, you settle on a light but filling meal, compromising with Calum's wishes.

"Oh, on that note, it said something about houses, what was that all about?" You ask, referring to the note on your door yesterday.

"Well, there are three different houses, based on how capable and academically inclined you are. We are all in the top house, and so were the others. We expect you will be in the same house as we are." Calum explains.

"I hope I do not let you down." You say quietly.

"You won't." Calum reassures.

Subsequent to finishing a delightful meal - and trying to get Calum to let you pay but failing - you both head back to collect your luggage and meet up with the others. Upon gathering all your belongings and meeting up with the others, you all stand near the gate to exit the gated premisses.

You are traveling by luxury coach to reach the ferry that will be crossing the Channel and taking you to France. Once everyone's things are put into a separate coach, you all step on the vehicle. You sit with Calum, in front of, and behind the girls.

Placing your head on the cool glass window, you watch the scenery go by. You suddenly feel something poking your side, causing you to squirm slightly. You turn your head and see Calum as the source of the gesture.

"Yes?" You ask with a smile.

"Nothing." Calum says with a cheeky smile. He pulls out his phone and so you decide to read for a while. You get comfortable, and continue where you left off.

"Watcha readin'?" Calum asks after a while, in a high pitched voice.

"'Looking For Alaska' by John Green." You reply, not looking up from the book.

"What's it about? Can you read to me?" Calum asks with a puppy dog expression.

"Of course!" You explain what has happened so far, and begin read to him.

An hour of reading goes by and you come to a stop.
"We are here!" Lizzie shouts. You put your book away and stand up.
Stepping off the coach, you walk into a well-lit building, to board the ferry.

After going through all the safety procedures, requirements and checks, you walk onto a large, beautiful ferry.

"This is lovely!" You say, looking over the railing before taking a seat.

"Yeah." Soph agrees and the others nod. A few minutes pass before you notice something.

"Hey Lizzie, where is Brad?" You ask, turning to the older girl.

"Uh, he kinda had to go to Scotland for something with the other boys." She informs sadly.
"But he promised he would be there for the Gala!" She adds, a happy expression appearing on her face. You smile and turn your attention back to the glistening water.

In a short period of time, you would be setting foot in the magnificent country of France, for the first time ever.

When you dock in France, you are escorted to another luxury coach, beginning a long journey to Paris.

"Can you read to me again?" Calum asks shyly.
"Its just that its an interesting book and I want to know what happens." He rambles.

You nod and smile at him. He grins and leans his head on yours, listening to you reading and watching you turn the pages, as he messes with your hair. There is a long drive ahead, but having Calum there, gives the situation a silver lining.

A/N: Hello Everyone!
Late update, I know. I am sorry.
Regardless, I hope you liked it!
Thank You!
I Love You. 💖