The Gala

Your POV:

"NOBODY CAN DRAG ME DOWN!" Lizzie, Soph and I sing as we finish getting ready for the Gala. I am so nervous and excited! The boys are going to be picking us up soon. 

"I love that song so much!" Soph exclaims, putting things into a clutch bag as Lizzie and I nod in agreement.
"So, is Brad coming then?" She asks, turning to Lizzie, who is trying to perfect her eyeliner.

"Well, no. He had to do something with the band.  But my Mum's coming." She says half-heartedly. Soph and I exchange a pitiful look and decide not to push the topic.

Before anyone can say anything else, there is a knock at the door. We gather our things and walk over and open it. Standing behind it are Cole, Jake, Logan, Hunter and their escorts, along with Nash and Calum, (looking gorgeous in their suits).

"Are you guys ready?" Nash asks with a smile. We nod and exit the room. I walk towards Calum who is standing awkwardly to one side.

"Hey Cal, you look great." I say, complimenting his exceptional appearance.

"Thanks darling, you look beautiful." He replies, placing a rose in my left hand and holding my right. I blush at the contact with his skin. His large hand gently holds mine as if it is ever so fragile.

I see Lizzie stood next to Hunter. His arm is wrapped around her waist. Since Hunter only has his best friend, Soph asked him to accompany Lizzie, which he agreed to gladly.

Speaking of Soph, she is stood with Nash, their hands are intertwined and his head is bowed, so he is able to whisper in her ear. Clearly he is complimenting her because she has gone very red. Those two need to get together!

We walk to the front of the hotel where a limousine is parked. As we all get in, I hear a very familiar tune.

"I want a little bit of California, with a little bit of London sky," The beautiful voices of the 5SOS boys are coming out of the speakers. I smile, nodding my head to the beat. I can feel Calum tense beside me with everyone's attention on him. I place my hand on his knee, sensing his disconcert.

Soon, we pull up in front of the venue. As we step out of the vehicle, we are quickly ushered inside. There are large doors separating us from the grand hall. We are only to enter, when we are given permission. We will then be told what group we are in, and we are to sit at the table that our groups are sat at.

"I swear, this is some Harry Potter shiz." Soph says, causing chuckles to arise.

After a short wait, our group is allowed to enter. We are on a balcony, overlooking large banqueting tables and eager guests awaiting our arrival. Many people are all ready seated, assigned to different tables. There is a arch at the back of the room that leads into a large ballroom.

I have my hand wrapped around Calum's arm firmly, and the apprehension building quickly. As I scan the faces of those watching intently. I notice a head off unnatural coloured hair, realising straight away that it is Michael. He is sat with Luke. I suppose that is the table the Elites will be seated at. They notice me and start waving frantically. I wave back in return. I catch Calum's attention and he follows my gaze. Once he spots the boys, he waves and smiles. Instead of returning the gesture, they look at him blankly and Michael quickly shows him the middle finger, gives me a smile, sticks his tongue out at Calum and turns away. Calum's lips form a pout.

"Miss Y/N Y/L/N, escorted by Mr Calum Hood." A stern-looking man announces. As we decend the staircase, I tighten my grip on Calum's arm. He looks down at me and gives me a reassuring smile.

When we reach the bottom, I let go of his arm and step up to the podium to find out where I will be placed. I look at Calum, Luke and Michael nervously.