A Nice Start To Struggle

Once the plane lands, you are directed to a group of people, who seem to be the same age as you or a little bit older. You soon discover that they are going to the same place as you, to participate in the same testing.

You are all taken to a desolate and distant gated area. Before you step into one of the large buildings, you examine your surroundings. To your right, are multiple black brick buildings, towering over vast open fields. On your left is a huge lake, lined with boats and slightly smaller buildings. An atmosphere of thick tension, anticipation and angst is met with a sharp breeze, sending shivers up your spine.

The building you enter is the centre point. As you enter, it is surprisingly well lit and bright. You are then led into a massive hall and take a seat on long benches. As everyone is seated, the heavy doors through which you entered, close loudly.

You look in front, seeing a stern woman standing at the podium, her expression lacking emotion. Her voice is overpowering and she speaks briskly.

"Welcome candidates. I am Ms Elington, and you are to refer to me in this formal manner." Her voice booms, echoing off the walls.

"You will be here for two weeks. You will be tested on a number of aspects. After these two weeks, we can use the results to deduce which classes we put you in when you attend our institutes that are based in your specific locations. You will attend these institutes every day, they will be your means of education. You will be taught according to the national curriculum and additional classes to help defend and protect you and your high status associates. You attend until the age of twenty and graduate with highly credible qualifications." She continues on, stating the rules and expectations. She then stops for a moment, and looks down at the sheets of paper placed in front of her.

"I will call a few of you up at a time and you will be allocated a room together." She informs, beginning to read out names. Then you hear your name and stand up, lifting your suitcases and walking up to her.

"Y/N Y/L/N?" She asks nonchalantly, peering at you. You nod. She then gestures towards two girls and you walk over nervously. The three of you are instructed to follow various other groups of girls. One of the girls is given a piece of paper with your room number and the floor. You are all also given individual ID cards and room keys. You follow closely behind the two girls, not wanting to get lost.

During the walk, one of the girls starts a conversation.
"Hi! I am Elizabeth Turner, but you can call me Ellie or Liz or whatever. Its nice to meet you guys!" She is bubbly and energetic, with sapphire eyes and fiery red hair.

"I am Sophia Dallas. You guys can call me Sophie or Soph." The other says with a sweet smile. She has golden brown hair and chocolate eyes.

'Hello, I am Y/N Y/L/N, it is a pleasure to meet you both." You say smiling. The conversations continue, coming naturally without awkwardness.

As the three of you approach your room, Elizabeth stops.
"Are you guys ready to see our room?" She asks excitedly. You two nod eagerly. She puts the key in the lock and pushes the door open. You all gasp, not expecting what is behind the heavy door.

It is a big room, one walli is all glass, it has a door, and as you are on the top floor, it leads out onto the rooftop with a spectacular view. The room is baby pink with plush cream carpet. Four single beds, with white sheets and gold frames are pushed against the wall on the right and four, white chests of draws are pushed against the left wall. There is also a nice tilled bathroom attached.

"OMG! This is awesome!" Sophia exclaims as you all rush into the room.

"This is so cool!" Elizabeth squeals in delight. You run over to the bed nearest to the window, Sophia jumps into the one next to you and Elisabeth flops onto the one next to her.

"It really is lovely." You say admiringly. The room is most definitely better than you had anticipated.

You pull out your phone and turn it on. There are loads of texts and missed calls from all of the boys, which makes you smile happily. You type in your code in go on the group chat, sending the boys a message.

'Hey guys! I have landed safely and I am now in my room. Thankfully, my roommates are really nice. It all starts tomorrow 😱
Wales is so wonderful though 😍 I miss you guys all ready! I love you 💗😘💜 xxxxx'

You put your phone down and begin to unpack. The other girls do the same.

"Let's play 20 Questions to get to know each other." Elizabeth suggests. You both nod in agreement as she asks the first question.
"So, where are you all from?" Elizabeth asks.

"LA" Sophia says.

"Oh cool, I am from Los Vegas!" Elizabeth says.

"I am from London England." You say joyously.

"OMG! Wow!" They both say in unison causing you to giggle.

"How old are you guys? I'm sixteen" Sophia asks.

"I am eighteen" Elizabeth states.

"I am fifteen" You say. The boys had told you that you would be one of the youngest.

"Who are you two associated with?" You question with genuine interest.

"My mum is The Vamps' stylist, but she has to look after my sick grandmother so I am filling in for her." Elizabeth informs,
"Plus, I am close friends with the boys as well.".

"They are amazing! Oh my goodness, you are lucky!" You say with a gasp.

"Yeah they are!" Sophia concurs (after she has composed herself).
"I am Cameron Dallas' little sister. I live with him, Nash, Heyes, Shawn, Matt, Jack and Jack." She says cheerfully.

"No way!" You say in disbelief. She just nods in confirmation.

"You are so lucky! You are actually related to one of them!" Elizabeth cries out.
"How about you Y/N?" She asks, turning to face you.

"Oh, I live with One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer" You declare proudly.

"OMG! You are so lucky' OMG!" Elizabeth shouts.

"Gosh! You are lucky! They are amazing!" Sophia shrieks.
"Oh, did they give you that bracelet? It is beautiful by the way." She points to your charm bracelet and you nod ecstatically.

"Yeah, it really is amazing." Elizabeth agrees, admiring the bracelet. You look down, your smile growing. It is more incredible and significant than they will ever know.

The rest of the day is spent unpacking, getting to know one another and endless laughter. A nice start to two weeks of undoubtable stress and difficulty.

A/N: I hope you like my story so far!
Thank You for reading/voting/commenting. It means a lot! 😘 xx