Encounters and Discoveries

Your POV

I woke up to birds singing melodiously and the sun beaming down on me. I smile as I notice I am still in Michael's embrace. There is a blanket over both of us and his head is resting on a pillow. One of the boys must have done this.

I feel Michael stir and then his eyes flutter open.
"Morning Love." He speaks groggily.
"Morning Mikey." I reply smiling. We both sit up, stretching and rubbing our eyes. Michael then stands up and helps me up. We pick up the pillow and blanket and walk down the stairs and into the house.

I decide to get changed before going down for breakfast. Walking into my room, I get ready for the day and walk down the stairs with my phone in my hand. As I greet the boys, I take a seat at the table.

While waiting for breakfast, I check my phone. Instantly on my lock screen I see countless Twitter notifications. I decide to see what it was all about. Clicking on the app, I notice a mention from Zayn.

@zaynmalik: @Michael5SOS and @Y/T/N fell asleep under the stars. Aha! Too cute :) xx

Attached to the tweet was a picture of Michael and I sleeping.

I look over at Zayn and he just smirks. I retweet the tweet and put my phone down. Shortly after, breakfast is ready and we all begin eating.

The boys said that we would be going shopping today, to buy me new things. So after breakfast, we all got ready and got in the car. Louis was driving and Calum was in the front with him, while the rest of us sat in the back.

Once we arrived at the shopping centre, we all got out of the car and walked in. The boys insist on paying for everything and also picking out some things for me. Their tastes are excellent!

After two hours of shopping, we decide to go to Starbucks for a drink. We all sit at a large table as Liam goes and orders our drinks. When Liam returns, we all engage in a casual conversation.

During a conversation about football, (which I do not mind considering I like sport) four of boys approach our table. Beside me, I can feel Ashton and Louis become tense, edging closer to me.

"Hello guys." A boy with dyed navy blue hair speaks.
"What do you guys want?" Michael spits viciously.
"Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves? First allow us to introduce ourselves to the lovely lady." He turns to me with a sly smirk.

"I am Justin," He says pointing at himself.
"This is Tom" He points to a blonde haired boy.
"This is Eric" A red haired boy.
"And this is Zac" The last boy has dark brown hair.

"Nice to meet you." I politely greet. The four boys are staring at me, their eyes fixated on me. I shift uncomfortably under their gaze.
"Again. What do you want?" Michael did not seem at all amused, nor did the boys. They must be unpleasant characters considering the boys' sudden change in demeanour.

"So, tell us who the pretty girl is." Zac urges eagerly, completely disregarding Michael's question,
"Is she to have fun with? If she is, can we-" Before he could continue, Harry spoke, rage clear in his tone.

"Don't you even dare think or say anything like that about her. Ever!" Calum continued with the same anger present.
"That is right! She is our friend and we will not let her get hurt. We are here to protect her.".

The four boys laughed in unison.
"Isn't this sweet? Let me ask you this, where were you when we had beaten her the other night? By the time you were there, the damage was done." Eric sniggered maniacally.

So these guys were my attackers? Apprehension was peaking and questions were consuming my thought process.
What do they want?
Will they hurt me again?
How do the boys know them? I am in a mist of confusion.

"We did not know her then, but we came in the end. So just shut up and get lost!" Zayn demands.
"Ah Malik, the mysterious and intelligent one. And if we continue to stay here, what are you going to do? Kill us with your high notes!" Tom taunted earning a chuckle from his friends.

"Well at least he is intelligent and talented. Even you admit it. But tell us, what are you?" Ashton says and high fives Zayn.
"Go and annoy your own species for damn's sake!" Louis exclaims gaining a fist bump from Ashton.

"Sure. We'll leave. And we'll take her with us!" Justin lunges towards me, but Zayn swiftly leans over, scooping me up and running with me. Calum by his side, as we head towards the car. We get in the car and Zayn speeds off.

"But the boys!" I protest.
"They will be fine. Let's just get you home in one peace." Calum says calmly.

When we get home, Calum and I sit down, while Zayn runs around the house locking all the doors and windows. I turn to Calum in hopes of some answers.

"Were they the ones that attacked me that night?" I ask, worry lacing my words.
Calum sighs.
"They are apart of the team that attacked you.".
"Team?" I ask, utterly bewildered.

Zayn walks in and takes a seat next to Calum, in front of me.
"They are apart of a team consisting of a hundred or so people. They hate us, and try to hurt us and others. The ones we encountered today are less devious and tactful, however, they are the most common group we personally face." Zayn informs.

"Yeah. They are just upfront. We have grown to know them a fair bit. Believe me, they are the least of our concerns, their other group members are much more difficult." Calum says. This is highly eccentric.

"So how do you guys know how to fight them? Or do you have body guards constantly watching over you?" I was in disbelief, trying to comprehend it all. They chuckled lightly.

"We have been taught how to fight by a special unit. You will be taught too." Calum states. Me? This must be a joke. The skeptical expression on my face causes them to laugh again, and then Calum continues.

"You will undergo training to learn self defense and different forms of fighting." Calum pauses as the front door opens and in walk the boys. A sigh escaping my lips as I walk towards them.

"Are you okay?" I ask frantically. They all nod. I can see scratches and small cuts on them, but nothing major. Then I notice that Ashton has a protruding bottom lip.

He notices me looking at him and places a hand on my shoulder reassuringly.
"Don't worry. I am okay." He spoke with a vague lisp. Despite his statement, I take his hand and lead him to the medical room. I make him sit down as I begin inspecting, cleaning and treating his injury. Once I am done, he stands up with a smile and engulfs me in a tight hug.
We then walk back to the rest of the boys.

During lunch, the boys had told me more about what Zayn and Calum were explaining. According to the boys, I would learn to fight and defend myself. Operate advanced technology, be trained in a higher level of first aid, learn how to use gadgets and be taught in depth about forensic science, chemistry, physics and biology.
They said it was a lot, but they believe I can do it as I am 'clever' and a 'fast learner'.

The recent events were playing through my mind all through the day and night. From what I gather, I have a lot of work ahead of me and more unwanted encounters. Absolutely wonderful! Though, I am oddly excited for the learning part and dreading the future fights. I guess it is true: you never know what what the new day will bring.

A/N; I hope you liked it!
Any suggestions for what happens one day with the boys? Let me know! :-)
Thank You 💕 xxx