The First Day

Your POV

The next morning, I wake up to sunlight hitting my face. Groggily, I sit up and blink, adjusting to the light. I check my phone and see that it is 6 o'clock. Deciding a shower will help relieve me off fatigue, I get up and walk over to the bathroom and begin to perform my morning routine.

When I am done washing and changing, I step out to see Lizzie and Soph sitting up in their beds.
"Good Morning!" I say cheerfully, putting away my things.

They both reply sleepily as Lizzie falls back into her pillows.

"Its way too early to be awake!" She whines. She closes her eyes and turns on her side.

"Get up!" Soph remarks, throwing a pillow at her.

"Why don't you get up then huh?" Lizzie retorts as she throws the pillow back.

"Because," Soph begins as she stretches the words for emphasis.
"I am lazy."

"Come on guys, the sooner you get up, the sooner we can have breakfast!" I temp them.
Liz jumps up happily and runs to get ready. Soph however, rolls onto the floor and crawls to her draw lethargically.

We settle on going to a café, that is located in the gated area, for a nice breakfast before our first class at nine o'clock, we still have two hours until then. We order and begin to divulge in a conversation on the topic of music.

"Sam Smith is awesome!" Soph says enthusiastically.

"Well, I prefer Ed Sheeran to be honest." Lizzie says.
I nod, agreeing with Lizzie as Soph glares playfully.

I look around the bright and colourful café, it is crowded with students in small clusters or on their own. At this moment in time, my general consensus is that they are all nice people. Though, assumptions in these circumstances are often proven to be incorrect.

"A lot of the boys here are hot!" Lizzie says in a hushed tone.

"True." Soph agrees, nodding approvingly. I just shrug, not knowing what to say. The conversations continue until we are brought to a sudden stop by four boys whom are approaching.

"Hello! Sorry to disturb you, we were just wondering if we could sit with you?" The first says in a British accent. 'Finally! Someone British!' I think to myself.
He has light brown hair in a quiff and pale blue eyes. I exchange a look with the other girls for confirmation. We all nod and they take a seat.

"I am Hunter. It is a pleasure to meet you all." The first boy says politely.

"I'm Logan." The second introduces. He has a slight Australian accent, soft blonde hair and emerald green eyes.

"I'm Cole." The third says in a Canadian accent. He has spiked dirty blonde hair and dark brown eyes.

"I'm Jake." The final boy says in a Irish accent. He has jet black hair in a quiff and brown eyes.

We all smile and introduce ourselves. Within minutes, conversation arise and laughter surrounds us all.

After a while, we decide to find our class. We find the room and stand outside still interacting. Soon enough, the teacher arrives and we are all given permission to enter. We all take a seat and face the stern looking man before us.

"I am Mr Thompson. I will be playing the role of your tutor if you may." His deep voice echoes off the walls.
"I shall go round and I would like you to state your name and associate." Mr Thompson instructs, beginning to gesture towards people. I mentally prepare myself as I am after the girl behind me, whom stands up and begins to speak.

"I'm Francesca Gloria Phillips." She says with utter pride and confidence.
"My Dad owns loads of hotels and my Mum is a dancer and model." Her rouge lips are forming a smug smirk. Her blonde hair with pink highlights frames her face, accentuating her piecing green eyes.

"Ah yes! Caroline and Antony Phillips' daughter! You have standards to meet. Very high standards." Mr Thompson says with a light trace of interest and enthusiasm. It is my turn, so I quietly stand up once I am nodded at.

"I am Y/N Y/L/N. My high status associates - whom I live with - consist of One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer." I say with pride and happiness. Gasps are met with screams and an eruption of whispers.

Outbursts such as 'No way!' 'OMG!' 'Why can't that be me?' 'She is so lucky!' And a spiteful comment about how I am 'undeserving', 'not good enough' and how it is 'unfair' comes from Francesca. I can feel my cheeks becoming red.

"Well, well!" Mr Thompson begins in an amused tone,
"You have even higher standards to live up to. The highest standards at that. The boys you speak of were and are, the elite. Therefore, much will be expected of you, and judging by your reports and files, you will meet those expectations with ease." He says and I look down in embarrassment. I hastily take a seat and he continues addressing other people.

We had three consecutive exams that morning - Biology, Chemistry and physics, all one hour long. At the moment, I am sitting with Soph, Lizzie, Hunter, Cole, Logan and Jake, having lunch. Everything seems to be going well. That is apart from being picked on by Francesca, Barbara and Rebecca.

All three appear to be very close, but most importantly, they seem to have acquired a hatred towards me. Though, I have no idea why.

Barbara has dark brown hair sand hazel eyes. She is a relative of Justin Bieber. Rebecca has dark magenta hair and grey eyes. She is one of Ariana Grande's closest friends.

"Why don't you eat much?" Lizzie asks as she points her fork at my small plate. I look down at the plate that is holding a small portion of pasta. I still cannot eat much. It makes me feel sick and unwell. I know the hits I took to my stomach are the cause, and I will be able to eat very little for a while. I have grown used to it, I barely feel hungry anyway.

"Oh, I am not very hungry." I say. It is true, I am not.

"But you had a really small breakfast as well!" Soph points out.

"Well, I um, cannot digest much food." I state truthfully, taking a sip of water.

"What do you mean?" Cole enquires.

"I mean, I do not feel well when I eat a lot." I say. I am hoping someone changes the topic, but alas.

"But why? You can trust us, we're your friends." Jake says, placing a hand on my shoulder. Do I tell them? Actually, am I ready to speak of it? I have been holding it in and to be honest, I do not want to express it. I am not ready to.

"I got hit in the stomach a few times, therefore, it is difficult to keep food down and I do not feel much hunger either." I say finally. It is true, not the whole story, but it is true. Plus, it is a specific aspect that we are discussing. They need not know the whole story. Not now at least. They all look at me with concern and pity. However, before they say anything, I quickly change the subject. I can tell they are worried and want to know more, but I also know that they are aware of me not wanting to talk about it, so they drop the topic and we continue on with a general conversation.

By night fall, I am absolutely exhausted. I have had five exams (the last two being English Language and Literature). My friends had been giving me perturbed glances and encouraging smiles, constantly patting my shoulder or asking if I am okay. Fancesca, Barbara and Rebecca have tried to trip me up on a number of occasions. They have said some harsh things, thrown a few objects at me and 'accidentally' shoved me into the wall.

Right now, we just got back from our evening meal and we are all in Soph, Lizzie and I's room, just sitting and relaxing. I miss the boys qyite a lot all ready, so I pick up my phone and send them a text on our group chat. I receive instant replies and sit texting them for hours.

A/N:
Hi guys! 😃
I am terribly sorry I have not updated in ages. I have had a lot of exams and I am not very well 😒
I promise now that I am stress free, I will update more!
The me what you think! Please follow, vote and comment, it means a lot!
Thank You!
I Love You 💜 xxx