Chapter 9

Okay, just a quick note: If you haven't already heard about my sexy best friend 'Bougal' go check her out, she's writing a JLS Fanfic that I'm sure you would enjoy if you gave it a chance, it has that subtle funniness about it that you can't miss out on! so what are you waiting for? GO, GO CHECK IT OUT! Hope you enjoy this chapter, don't you forget to leave a comment with your thoughts! cause I love to hear about what your thinking :L (in the least creepy way possible)

Chapter 9

This was such a stupid idea. It really was, how the hell my mind convinced it would be okay to stop by Louis' house and somehow convince him that we should be study partners again, I have no idea. I'm so stupid. Now I'm, god damn, looking like an idiot because Louis already clearly found someone else to tutor.

Some how in my crazy mind; I'd thought that this was our special thing. He was my tutor, and I'd let him go and now I was regretting it like hell. But bloody Zayn of all people! I knew that guy was up to something, and now he's taken the best thing to happen to me around here for a long time.

As soon as harry told me that it was him and Zayn that took him home on Friday, I knew something was up. Zayn's always been the kind of person to go for whatever he can get out of people, and as much as I hated that fact, it didn't stop me from feeling like we were brothers. He is one of my closest friends. And I've always blamed that side of him on his neglected child hood.

Well, no; I am not going to let this happen. Louis is mine. And no matter whom the hell thinks they can get in my way, they can go through me before getting to my Lou.

Feeling embarrassment and anger pulsing through my veins I walked away from Louis' house and began my walk home.
Josh's house wasn't too far away from Louis', in fact, it was literally down the street, so it wasn't like I'd made a serious detour to get to his house.

I hadn't said a word. Not one word to anyone when I finally lay down in my bed; Feeling far too confused and upset to want anything to do with anyone. I'd let the best guy ever slip through my fingers and it was my own entire fault.

(Louis' POV)

I lay down in bed, not being able to get the picture of Niall's hurt face out of my mind. It was almost like I'd betrayed him; why had he even turned up at my house? I'm so confused.
I rolled over and sighed loudly.
The bittersweet silence that I welcomed was rudely disturbed by a knock at my bedroom door.
"Come in," I stated, feeling grouchy.
"Hey Lou," said an all too familiar voice. I turned over to look at Lottie with a sigh...

"What do you want?" I said, not really feeling in the mood to talk to anyone.
"I just...” she tried to get the right words with a sigh she moved into the room slowly, "I just wanted to know if you were okay."
These words making me feel instantly guilty for being somewhat rude to her.
"I don't know... Everything is so confusing... I feel like I've made some sort of mistake even though I know I haven't," I tried to explain feeling tears welling in my eyes.

"What's happened?" She whispered as she lay down beside me, looking at me with a sad smile.
I made a long explanation about all the happenings of that day right up to the moment when I found Niall on our door step, describing Niall's facial expressions as he noticed Zayn right beside me, in excruciating detail.
She was nodding along as I tried to explain what was going on.
"So was that Zayn that you were tutoring today?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said, "but I don't understand why I feel so guilty for having Zayn over. I feel like I've somehow cheated on Niall... And it's totally crazy!" I let out a groan of frustration.

"Maybe it because you wish it was Niall that was with you tonight?" She questioned, "I don't know Lou, I'm not a therapist, but I have a feeling from the way you described Niall's reaction, that he is feeling the same as you..."
"It's all so complicated!" I groaned out; pushing my head into my pillow.

"I don't even want to tutor god damn Zayn. I want Niall, for god sake!" I whimpered out; my words being muffled by my pillow. I pulled my head out to look back at Lottie, who was looking at me sympathetically.
"But there's nothing I can do about it, I can't be rude and tell Zayn to go elsewhere, and I can't go begging Niall to be mine either!" I said tears dripping down my face. "Nothing seems to be going right and I'm so sick of this whole thing." Lottie pulled me in for a hug, and I took it willingly.

She rubbed my back in comfort as I began to cry into her shoulder. For a 14 year old, Lottie was mature for her age, and I bet if you checked out her mental age, it would be in the late 30s, though she can be very energetic she also can be one of the best people to talk to when you just needed someone to reassure you life will get better.

(Niall's POV)

I couldn't get to sleep. So I came up with a clever plan; a classic, a plan that never fails, well, of which I'd heard.

The Jealousy card.

As much as I didn't want to have to use anyone to get what I wanted, which was obviously Louis, I needed to. Desperate times called for desperate measures!
So I pulled out my phone and massaged the first girl I knew... Demi.
I knew Demi was only using me in the first place to get into the 'in' crowed, and she clearly had no actual intention of us being in a real 'lovie-dovie' relationship, so I would just have to take what I could and milk the small relationship to it maximum.
The seed had already been planted for me and Demi, so all I had to do was act the part. Pretty perfect.

It wouldn't take much to convince Lou that we were in a relationship, so all I had to do was wait for Lou to make some kind of indication that he was jealous and I would make my move based on the results.
Being honest, I just wanted to finally know if Louis really did return my feelings or not, because I needed to know that I wasn't nothing to him, that I meant something with in that deep loving heart of his.
And if it turned out that he doesn't then I'm sure that no harm will of been done, I'll just string Demi along for a while longer then break up so that I can deal with my heart break at the new that Louis actually doesn't care on my own, while people think I'm dealing with the heart break of Demi and no one would be any of the wiser...

God, all this scheming was making me hungry.

(Louis' POV)

The next day I woke to find my eyes sticky and my cheeks tight with dry tears. I let out a yawn as I got ready for another day of tiresome school.

But if I thought I was confused last night, it was nothing compared to how confused I was when I entered the cafeteria today.

My eyes searched the room for Niall, like they did every day, unconsciously. But when my eyes found there target my heart dropped a mile.

What happened? Why was Niall sitting with that 'Demi' girl on his lap?
They looked so cosy and happy; she let out a loud laugh as Niall smiled at her. She was clearly laughing at something he had said to her because she slapped him playfully.

I hadn't realised I'd stopped moving until I felt a presence beside me making me come back to reality as they began to speak to me.
"Hey Lou!" Harry said smiling, "fancy coming to sit with us today?" I looked over at him and smiled out of appreciation.

As much as I wanted to say no, because I knew that he would be sitting with Niall, something told me I need to find out more about Niall and Demi.
"Sure," I said, "If you’re sure?" Feeling a needlessly awkward. I already knew Zayn and Harry and Niall, Liam was the only one I hadn't actually talked to yet.

"Of course I'm sure!" He smiled, his cute dimples showing and his green eyes sparkling with happiness.
He put a light hand on my back as he steered me to his table.
I looked over to where I usually sat with Eleanor and Danielle, and noticed they were looking over at me confused, I just shrugged and giving them the "I have no idea what's going on" look. Danielle just smiled while Eleanor looked somewhat disappointed, that I wasn't sitting with her today.

The pressure on my back drifted away, making my attention drawn back to harry who was patting on the seat of a chair next to him at the table, clearly signalling for me to have a seat.

I smiled weakly and sat down. There was an eerie silence that fell upon the table and all eyes landed on me.
"Hey guys, you know Louis?" Harry said smiling at them. Zayn smiled at me; and I smiled back, feeling welcome. My eyes were drawn to Niall, who seemingly wasn't paying any attention to the interactions of the table; rather he was more wrapped up in that Demi girl sitting on his lap poking his nose playfully. I could feel my heart shrinking; I wanted to be doing that. Niall let out a bittersweet laugh moved his face from her hand as she fought to poke his cheeks.
"I don't think you've met Liam yet?" Harry interrupted my thoughts. I quickly looked over at him with a smile.
"No, but I've heard all about him from Danielle," I laughed, "I just about know all about his little quirks and his 'ultra soft lips'" I quoted Danielle in a girly voice, I let out a fake dreamy sigh. Harry and Zayn let out a husky laugh as someone else joined the table.

It only took one glance for me to sum it up to be Liam, his hair just as I had imagined after all the talk that Danielle would ramble about how soft it was to run her fingers through.
"Speak of the devil," Harry laughed,” Liam, this is Louis."
He looked over at me with a bright smile. He nodded at me raising his hand in acknowledgement.
I smiled back at him giving him a small awkward smile.

After a long chat that consisted of just me Harry Zayn and Liam, I found that I felt more comfortable with them. Niall had ignored my presence the whole time I was there. I constantly caught myself glancing at him, catching him doing sickly sweet couples stuff with Demi, feeding each other pizza and stroking each other’s hair, and kissing. It was hard to watch, so I restricted myself not to looking at him at all.

When the bell rang I looked over at harry with a smile, because next lesson's geography. Harry and I began to make a retreat from the table together but I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see Zayn smiling at me.
"Hey," I said smiling brightly, "what's up?"
"Are you busy tonight?" He said. I suddenly felt really, really awkward.

"No, I'm not" I said smiling; he returned the smile, checking his watch quickly, then looking in a bit of a rush.
"I'll text you tonight," he said with a wink.
It caught me off guard so I didn't really react, as he walked away quickly.

"Come on Lou!" Harry shouted grabbing my arm pulling me towards my next lesson. I quickly followed.

(Zayn's POV)

I rushed off with a smile plastered on my face. I made my familiar way to art feeling giddy as hell.
"Zayn," said, a nasal, posh, girl’s voice of my so called 'girlfriend' Perrie. I turned to where I'd heard the voice to find her strutting towards me in her high bright pink heals, and with a short skirt that looked more like a belt, and her bleach blonde hair in curls, bouncing on her shoulders. Her outfit; seriously, you'd find more fabric on a tea towel.
"Oh hey Perrie," I said trying to show some kind of interest in what she had to say, even if I didn't really care.
She finally made it up to me in one piece, which I was surprised because I was pretty sure she was going to fall, one of twice on the journey.
"How's my beautiful boyfriend today?" She said smiling sweetly, reaching up to give me a kiss which much to my displeasure, I had to go through with.
"Fine," I said when she finally got off me. "How's my stunner of a girlfriend?" I said winking at her. The words burned a tiny bit on their way out, I didn't want to pretend anymore.
"She's perfect," she giggled, looking down at her watch with a sign "and late, see you later Zayniee" and she rushed off.

Perrie had changed. When I first met her she was so lovely! She was perfect, my total princesses; But our love has died for me. Basically I was just keeping her around for entertainment, while I had my eyes on other things. I didn't want to hurt her feelings. I just couldn't bring myself to do something about it.

I finally made it to art, and I look my sketch book out. I looked through it, I hadn't done it in a while and I couldn't really remember what was at the start of it. I flicked through it, but stopped on a particular picture that I could vividly remember drawing... It was of Perrie. She was beautiful in the picture, before the bleaching of her hair, and the high heels and the bright lipstick and the short shirts, when our love was at its highest, when we were together every night. These days she seemed too wrapped up in being 'Zayn Malik's girlfriend'.