Chapter 15: Epilogue

• Dedicated to Every Reader

Chapter 15: Epilogue

“It’s going to be our one year anniversary!” Louis said in frustration. “I want to do something really amazing for him!” Lottie looked at him in sympathy.
“Why don’t you look something up on the internet, I’m sure you can find something on there.” Harry suggested snuggling up to Lottie.

Lottie and Harry had been dating for the past couple months with the permission of Louis. Louis found it hard to watch at the beginning as he didn’t feel comfortable with Lottie going out with someone so much older than her; but after a while he got use to it.

Louis opened the browser and typed in ‘anniversary gifts’ to the search engine. They searched through for a while, clicking randomly on things that looked somewhat interesting to them, but after a little debate they would abandon the idea and carry on their search for the perfect gift.
“Maybe you could get him a watch?” Harry suggested, “with like, an inscription on the back?”
Louis nodded in understanding and looked up ‘watches with inscription’.

“Wait! What’s that!” Lottie said, pointing to a small box on the side of the screen that said ‘love locks’. “I’ve heard of them! I think it’s this thing they do over in Ireland where you get a lock and write your lovers name and your own name on this padlock and attach it to that Irish bridge!”

“What?” Louis asked, intrigued about this idea. He clicked on the link, bringing a page up showing padlocks with engraved inscriptions. “I don’t understand”

“It’s like a thing,” Lottie said, searching her brain for the right words, “to show that your love is locked you know what I mean, Harry?” she turned to her boyfriend for confirmation that she was making sense.
“Yeah,” he said smiling at her, “I think it sounds like a great idea, and it’s especially good because Niall’s Irish! And you could like take him there for a mini holiday?”

“Yes!” Lottie said excitedly, “that’s a brilliant idea! And it could be like a romantic surprise!” she let out a high pitched squeal the made Louis flinch visibly.

The whole idea held Louis attention and later that night, when he was alone, he searched more about the tradition and the more he read, the more he was pulled to the conclusion that this was he would do for Niall and his anniversary.

Meanwhile at Niall’s house Niall lay on his bed thinking about what he’d get his Louis for their anniversary.  The thought of their anniversary had Niall reflecting on the past year they’d spent together.

Lots of things had happened in such a short period of time, Niall had finally came to terms with who he is and had finally came out to his parent and his brother, Greg. They all supported him and he couldn’t be happier with how his life was playing out, and he had Louis to thank for every second and ounce of confidence and happiness he had as a person. So he really needed to think of something to get him, something personal and meaningful.

The only person he could think of that would be able to help him come up with something would be Greg or his mum, his farther wasn’t really the romantic type so he wouldn’t be much help. With that thought, Niall dialled his mother’s number, in hope that she could help him brainstorm ideas.

“Niall?” his mother answered.
“Hey mum,” he replied tiredly.
“Hey darling, what’s up?”
“I’ve been thinking about what to get Louis for our anniversary,” Niall admitted, “but I just can’t think of anything to get him...”
“Well why don’t you get him something like bracelet? Or some cologne?” she suggested.
“I want to get him something really special, you know? Something that is for just... us,” Niall tried to explain.
“I’ve got it!” his mother exclaimed all of a sudden with utter excitement.
“WHAT?” Niall said smiling widely; he’d known it would be a good idea to ask his mother, she always knew what to do.
“Write him a song! You still play the guitar, right?” Niall was almost speechless, why hadn’t he thought of this? It was perfect.
“Yes! I love that idea, thanks mum, I’ll get right on it, talk to you later!” and Niall hung up, tossing his phone on the bed and rushing to where his guitar was propped up against the wall.