Chapter 6

So, there has been a bit of speculation on who the ‘soft voice’ was... I hope this chapter clears that up for you. Enjoy.

 Chapter 6

I woke up with the worst head ache I’ve ever experienced; the burning light that shone through my window had me curling up under my covers. My stomach churned in pain. How the hell did I get home last night? I can’t even remember. I can’t remember much of last night. Last thing I remember I was standing in Zayn’s kitchen drinking shots with Eleanor.

I heard a light nock on my door and I turned to see the door open and my mother walk in slowly.
“You okay Boobear?” she whispered. I groaned and she came closer and sat on my bed, placing a cup of water and a packet of paracetamol on my bed side table.
“Here’s something to help with the pain,” she said. “You came home in a pretty bad way, thank god those boys helped you get home, what happened with Eleanor?”

What boys? And yeah, where the hell did Eleanor go.
“I can’t even remember, mum,” I muttered. “Who were they?”
“Who were who darling?” she asked confused.
“Those boys, who were they?” I asked. Knowing it was probably hopeless asking that question, because she doesn’t know many people round hear and if they were at Zayn’s party, chances were she had no idea.
“I have no idea; one was called Harry I think? I heard the other one say his name once or twice, how they knew where you lived is beyond me,” she said, as she stood up from the bed and started walking towards the door. “I’m sure you could go ask that Harry boy, about it, and be sure to thank him, it takes a lot of kindness to do what he and that boy did last night”
“I know mum” I replied. Just as she reached the door she turned back and looked at me.
“And one more thing” she said. “If you ever come back like you did last night, I’m not going to let you leave this house until your well into your 50s.” And with that she left the room.

I let out a big gust of air and groaned. God, why had I bloody gone to that party? It was nothing but trouble.

After much debate, I decided that it was best to get out of bed and get something to eat, much to my bodies displeasure as the cold air of my bed room hit my bare chest. Wait. Why am I shirtless?

I made my way down stairs the confusion still evident on my face as I got to the kitchen to find my mother making pancakes.
“Mum,” I said to get her attention; she turned on her head and looked at me with a bright smile.
“Yes?” she said cheerfully.
“Why,” I coughed my throat was dry as the god damn desert even after drinking that cup of water and gulping down those pills. “How did I get... err, shirtless?” I asked, as I went to sit down at the small kitchen table.
“I actually don’t know, I guess you vomited on it last night and those boys thought it would be better to remove it? I really don’t know I’m just stabbing in the dark, love” she said turning back to her cooking. “Perhaps you removed it yourself through the night? Actually come to think of it, I don’t remember you wearing one when you came back... maybe you lost it at the party?”

All the suggestions she was making were logical, but my head buzzed too much for me to even think about any longer, the smell of pancakes turned my stomach so much and I felt like vomiting right up on the table. So I just nodded along, which was a mistake coz I could feel my brain jingle in my skull swishing about making me dizzy. Ugh. And to make the whole thing worse my stomach grumbled signalling that whether I wanted to or not I had to get food into my body, one way or another, much to my throats despair.
“Oh my god, mum, “I moaned. “Can you just kill me please; I’m in so much pain. I feel like someone has grated my body up into little pieces over night then stuck it all back together again with some bluetak and sticky tape and did a god damn hashed up job of it, every part or my body hurts, and I just want to be able to see without it burning my brain so much. Jesus.” Mum let out a chuckle and went to the freezer to pick out a packet of peas and placed them on the table.
“Here, cool of your flush, love,” she said laughing to herself.
“How is this at all amusing?” I complained putting the bag of peas on my head and immediately calming.
“You think I haven’t been in your position before?” she chuckled loading plates with her pancakes and coming to sit across from me. I just groaned in response. All of a sudden I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I picked it out.