why?

I held my breath and sucked up the tears. I looked up from the floor and applied a fake smile at him. You could see the fury in his eyes, the hate, the anger.

“hello” I whimpered

“oh hi Daniel, where did you wonder off to? I was starting to worry.” he smiled.

Just his deep, gritty voice sent shivers down my spine. He didnt 'worry' about a thing. If anything he was happy not having me here, wishing I was dead. Sending me away like that.

“phil, right?” he asked

“that’s me” Phil said looking up. “sorry I didn’t come and tell you dan was home, its just that dan wasn’t in the greatest condition to move.”

“thats fine im just glad hes back”

why the hell was he acting so nice. I looked over at phil, who of course believed every single word this man was saying. But thats when something happened that made everything worse. I had to be left alone with this monster. My heart literally jumped up into my throat. I just wanted to curl up into the corner of hell and die already.

He said good bye to phil and walked into the house. After he was out of sight I leaned my head on Phil's. With both our foreheads touching we slowly let our lips connect.

It wasnt a full on kiss but is was still such an amazing feeling. “goodbye my hero” I whispered into his hair. “bye dan. I love you.” “love you too” phil said as he passed me the presents.

“come on dan we have loads to catch up on.” my dad shouted from the house.

“okay” I shouted back unsure on what to say.

Phil took his head away and kissed me once more on the cheek before walking down the street. Into the darkness.

Phil's pov

What is dan so scared about. Its his dad for gods sake like seriously I would love a dad. After I left the front garden I took one last look back smiling at Dan before I walked away and kept walking until I couldnt see dan anymore. I put down my head and pulled up my hood. I didnt want to leave dan but they need some time together. I smiled back on the memory of the kiss and put my headphones in. muse-new born.

Dans pov

I shook in fear as I walked into the living room setting my bag down . He was sitting on the sofa, already drinking, and I wasnt ready at all. He was already through his second drink.

Considering his back was to me I decided to take this chance to sneak up the stairs. I was so focused on getting out of that room that I forgot about using the crutches and put all my weight on my leg causing me to collapse on the floor in pain

I tried to stay so silent when my dad called out “dan is that you?” but it didnt help because by this time he was already up off the sofa searching the house.

I rolled onto my back to see where he was and within 2 seconds he was in front of me with a smirk on his face. I couldnt bare to look at him as he grabbed my bad leg.

Pushing myself back with my my arms I desperately tried to wiggle out of his grasp but his grip tightened.

He pulled me back like a rope in tug of war.

“where were you off too?” he snapped. Blinking back the tears threatening to fall I stuttered out

“n-no w-where” he nodded his head.

“is it really that time already?” he said glancing down at his watch, raising his eyebrow slighty. Confusion took over my face, time for what?

5 min skip

he had pulled me back into the living room and left me on the floor in pain. He disappeared into the kitchen.

“time for w-what?” I shouted after him not wanting to know the answer.
No reply.

What? Where was he? He came back out with a smile on his face, hands tightened in fists.

“time for this! Ive missed this so much not having you around to be my personal punch bag!” he snickered. I knew what he meant now. He forced me up against the wall, hand wrapped tightly against my throat.

“tell anyone about this and you wont see little phil again. Okay lover boy?”

“o-okay...” I whispered

he applied more force with his hand to my neck.

“sorry what was that?” he spat

I tried so hard to talk but my vision started to become blurry. I gasped desperately for air.

“okay....” I spoke up. He let go and my body fell to the ground with a thud. I inhaled deeply making sure my lungs were filled with air before exhaling.

“good, lets get to it then.”

“WAIT!”

“what dan?”

“wheres adrian?”

“out he will be back tommorrow but I dont think he even knows who you are anymore haha.”

authors note

its gonna start getting intense soon...wait for it!!!!