Winter Princess

Începe de la început

"Father would be captivated by her," Sansa said softly, looking forlornly at the girl in her arms.

Arya said nothing at this, and only nodded. Her short hair was already getting longer, but not enough so she could braid it. She looked older, and Robb knew all of them were far from those children who once had lived happily in Winterfell with parents who loved them more than anything else.

His sisters laughed when Iagan tried to touch Rhyane's little hands and the little girl decided to take his thumb and suck on it. Robb had to joined them even as Iagan looked at him with wide eyes, not knowing exactly what was happening.

This scene wasn't one Robb had imagined even during his best days on the battlefield, and somehow he knew his father had been the one leading him here. Eddard Stark might have not known it, but he had saved them in a way. His honor might have led him to his death, but his sacrifice had been exchanged for his family's future.

"A raven has arrived," Theon announced as he entered the room, one corner of his mouth tilting up at the sight of the newest addition to the family. He felt like a true uncle to Robb's children, and Robb couldn't help but to think about Jon – he would be a perfect uncle, just like he had been a brother. "Your mother has announced a visit. She wants to meet the child."

-o-

"You spoil me," Dany said smiling and breathing in deeply as she bounced Rhyane. The chambers were full of blue winter roses, the smell invading the room. Robb had also order the exotic fruits and dishes from Essos Daenerys loved the most. If he had not been able to stay the first time, he now was able to enjoy watching his daughter grow and care for his family. "Wolf?"

He looked at her and she smiled brightly.

"Kiss me."

Every order or plea that came out of her mouth became his wish.

He approached her and pressed his lips to hers, pushing her platinum hair back with one hand. "How many children would you give me? How many precious beings for me to marvel on?" Robb whispered against her lips. Dany grinned. "If you ask me, I want as many as you are willing to give me. I'll love them all."

"I know." Her eyes filled with tears even as she smiled. "But I know we'll only have one more." She closed her eyes and ducked her head. "Almost losing Rhyane was a sign. Her birth was more difficult than the first, and I feel the next one will be even harder on me. I cannot lose another child, Robb. Forgive me, but only one more child. A dragon for each."

Robb's lips pressed against Dany's temple before he turned his gaze to stare at Rhyane. He hated to think about almost losing her. The thought of not having his wife and daughter was probably the worst outcome Robb could think about. To top that, his worries about his duties as a king were consuming him.

"Speak, Wolf," Dany told him as she sat at the edge of the bed, pushing the sleeve of her dress down and off her shoulder. There was no shame in neither of them when she uncovered her breast to feed their child.

Robb marveled in how powerful Daenerys looked. The bond between mother and child was so strong, because they were capable of providing everything they could need. He glanced at her with a smile playing on his lips.

"Do you wish me to disturb your peace with our kingdom's troubles?"

"I've done it before. Be sure I can raise our children, prepare for war and organize the Red Keep without help." She looked at him for a second before she was once again attentive of Rhyane. "But I appreciate your concern.

"Advice for me?"

"Don't let Roose Bolton take your decisions." Daenerys handed the babe to him, as she fixed her clothes. "I know you enjoy spending time with us, with your sisters and avoiding your duties, but keep in mind how sadistic that man is. Keep him on a short leash."