He ignored me, instead, turning to Mik, whose face was scrunched up in annoyance.

"You little shit. I thought I told you to stay f**king put."

"F**k no! You expected me to play babysitter to your crazy woman and her three kids. I hate kids."

He shifted on his feet when Mik give him a dark look. I knew that he wasn't scared of Mik, but there were certain privileges that Mik allowed him but would happily take from him to teach him a lesson.

"And besides, I need to go check on my girl. I've been calling her since yesterday and I can't get a hold of her. I don't have time to babysit your family."

Mik grunted, massaging his temples. His should slump in exhaustion. A weary sigh pushed past the scowl on his face that was not cleanly shaved. I guess Jessy was not making it easy on him.

"Your girl can wait; I need you to take care of Jessica and the kids while I'm gone. Is that so much to f**king ask for, you little shit?"

I chuckled, watching them in amusement. The interaction between them was always fun to watch. Mik likes to think that he gets his stubbornness from his mother, but I beg to differ. It's like watching Mik argue with himself.

"Still not gonna babysit your crazy woman until I make sure mine is okay."

Mik sighed impatiently, running his hand through his hair. His voice raised with every word as he spoke to his son.

"Can't you for once, do as you're f**king told and not be so stubborn like your f**king mother?!"

That got the attention of everyone in the house. Mik and his son both were staring at each other, none willing to back down first.

"Gabe?"

The spell was broken. Red stood by my side. She looked between Mik and Gabe, her eyes scrunched up in confusion.

"Ms Blackwell?"

He asked unsurely. His eyes took her in, travelling from her face down to her bare feet, then back up again.

"What are you doing here?" They said in unison.

"You two know each other?" I asked.

"Yes, Gabe is a student at my school and my daughter's boyfriend. What are you doing here, Gabe?"

Her eyes shifted to Mik, and the confused look slid away. Her eyes widened, and she looked from Mik to Gabe, realisation dawning on her.

"Oh my god, Mik is your father?" It was more a statement than a question.

"I'm confused, Ms Blackwell. How do you know my dad? What are you doing here and where is Freya?"

Gabe looked around, searching the sea of faces, hoping to find his girlfriend there. When he came up empty, he turned back to Lilly.

"Where is Freya?" his voice shuck for a second.

Lilly closed her eyes as if the mention of Freya reminded her that her children were in the hands of a madwoman. I moved closer to her, slipping my hand around her waist. She leaned back, pressing her body closer to mine, taking solace.

"Um, she's... um, I..."

"She's the reason I need you to watch Jessica. Natasha kidnapped her and her sister." Mix interjected.

Gabe's head snapped around to look at Mik. "What the f**k did you just say?"

"Gabe," Lilly called, but he ignored.

"look, I don't exactly understand what is going on here and to be honest I don't exactly care. But you're telling me that Natasha, the psycho bitch that shot uncle K in the head has kidnapped my girlfriend and you want me to sit and watch your woman?"