History repeats

Hello, my lovelies! How are all of you doing? I hope you are all having a wonderful time and enjoying the weather. I'm loving it so far. Just a few things before you read this chapter, or you can skip my rambling and proceed. 

Anywhore, as I was writing this chapter, I kept wondering where my readers are from. If you're comfortable enough, just drop a line in the comment section and give a shout out to where you're from. I'm Guyanese, but I live in the UK.

Moving on from that. I'm glad that you guys are still enjoying the book. I know that I lost some readers along the way, but most of you loyal bitches stayed. So, to reward you, next month I will be doing a giveaway. So, keep your eyes peeled and look for the deets on my chapters. I'm working out what would be a good prize, so I haven't fully thought this through. However, if you have any ideas, do let me know in the comments. 

Okay, enough of that, I'll let you get back to reading. 

**********

Mik P.O.V

"Honey, I'm home."

I dropped my keys in the dish on the table by the door. The aromatic smell of baked goods hit my nostrils, taking me back to a time in my childhood when my mother would spend the weekend baking for me and my sisters.

I took my shoes off and was knocked flat on my ass by a small frame that came at me faster than any quarterback could.

"Daddy's home! Daddy's home!"

She chanted, throwing her hands around my neck and squeezing as tight as her little arms would allow.

"Hey, honey," I said, squeezing her lightly.

"Hey, daddy. Guess what? Mummy's making beat fruit turnovers."

She pulled back to look at me. Her face scrunched up in disgust. It made me laugh.

"Mummy's making what?" I asked, not too sure I've ever heard of beat fruit turnovers.

"She's making beat fruit turnovers and they taste yucky."

She stuck her tongue out and stuck a finger in her mouth to demonstrate. She looked so cute that all I could do was laugh again.

"I'm making beetroot turnover, and Millie is going to eat it because beetroot is good for her," Jessica called from the kitchen, hearing our daughter complain.

Millie whispered, "But I don't like beat fruit."

I scrunched up my face to match hers. "Daddy doesn't like beat fruit either."

"I heard that!" Jessica yelled.

Both Millie and I laughed. I stared at her, marvelling at how much she looked like Jessica. I would sometimes see a bit of Frank in her, but it never bothered me because I loved her as if she was part of me.

After I killed Frank and took my family back, I wanted Jessica to abort the baby in her belly. However, when I had my hand resting on Jessica's stomach one day and I felt Millie kicked, I knew that I wouldn't be able to make her go through with it. I fell in love with her even before I met her.

I thought that when she was finally born, I'd be mad because she was another man's child. However, the complete opposite happened. I immediately loved her even more. I enjoyed the experience of having a baby around because I never got to with my other kids.

We were inseparable from the moment she was born. I loved her as much as I did my others and would kill anyone who dare hurt her.

"Daddy, why are you looking at me like that?"