i.13 (part 2)

hbenjamin47 asked for a part 2 of imagine 13 and it took me a while to come up with something. So um.. hope y'all like it and thanks for reading!! Start the song (if you want) when i tell y'all

---------------

Aubrie's pov

Driving in the car I stare blankly at the empty road as the windshield gets completely cover with raindrops and I let the wipers do their job. I am numb all over and after seeing Damon and Elena holding hands, dancing, being in love with each other I feel sick. I absentmindedly wipe the tears that were flowing down and drive back home.

--------------

Damon's pov

The music blares and the rain pours down as Elena and I dance around the living room. But I know something doesn't feel right. I wasn't expecting Elena to come by earlier tonight or her asking to dance together since today was Miss Mystic Falls. I should be ecstatic that Elena and Stefan broke up that I can finally have a chance with Elena but then why do I feel so empty inside. 

All the time I was dancing with Elena my mind was on Aubrie. I wanted to dance with her today but she was busy helping Blondie. I was hoping to see her at my front door but it wasn't her. I look at Elena. She is smiling up at me, holding my shoulders and looking at me with some emotion in her eyes.

I place my hand on her cheek wondering when I lost feelings for her. I abruptly stop and step away from and walk to the door grabbing my jacket along the way. "Wait Damon. Where are you going?" Elena's voice stops me and I turn to her and say "Just go to bed or do something Elena. I am going out for some air."

"But it's raining."

"Like that has ever stopped me." I tell her this and walk away and get into my car and drive.

--------------

I stop in front of her apartment and quickly vamp up to her door and knock on it. I am a little wet thanks to the rain but it doesn't bother me. I hear shuffling in the other side, something falls and I hear Aubrie curse, I smile waiting eagerly to kiss her and hold her again. I hear her walk to the door and she breathes out loudly and the door doesn't open. I place my palm on the door and say loud enough for her to hear. "Bri, you there?"

She doesn't reply but I know she's on the other side, I can hear her breathing and it somehow calms me. "Aubrie I can hear you breathing. Please open the door...Baby please." I hear her sob and I get worried and knock on the door again "Aubrie is everything ok?" I hear her sniffle but I know she is trying to muffle the sound. Then I hear the familiar sound of the lock clicking twice and then she opens the door.

I don't see her properly in the beginning due to the light that is on top of her. She reaches behind the door and clicks the light off and when she reappears I look at her completely. Her beautiful hair in a low and messy pony with her hair falling lose to the sides of her face, her eyes are so bloodshot from crying that you can't even make out the beautiful color. I go to step closer to her but she steps away and my heart breaks slightly. "What are you doing here?" She whispers, her tired eyes frowning at me.

"You didn't show up when you said you would so I got worried." I tell her. She averts her gaze to the ground and mutters so quietly that if I wasn't a vampire I wouldn't have heard her. "Well it's not like you care."

"Of course I care about you Aubrie. What are you talking about?" I ask completely confused and she replies "Well as you can see I am doing fine now you can go." She goes to close the door but me being faster than her, stops her midway with my foot against the door and she looks up at me again. "Bri please tell what happened? Did someone do something? Baby.."