i.24

Damon falls in love in 1864 and they both meet again years later.
This imagine was requested by livyashvi. Thank you so much for reading and requesting. Hope you like it.

---------------

Flashback  1864

Liv's pov

I walked away from my house to the small gate that we have, quickly exiting it and going to meet my friend. She stands there at the entrance of the Salvatore residence her lush brown hair flowing down her back and a small smile visible on her beautiful face. "Katherine." I smile at her and nod my head towards Emily Bennett acknowledging her as well. "Ah Liv. How did you sleep." 

"Katherine, you called me here for a reason now quit stalling and tell me why I am here at the Salvatore's place." She simply smirks before turning around when she hears Stefan the younger brother  walks up to Katherine wrapping his arm around her waist. "Stefan where's your brother?" 

"Damon? He was talking to father, he should be down any second. Why do you ask?" His smile dropping just a little but Katherine sees it and places her hand on his cheek saying "Now now don't be jealous. I only want to introduce him to my friend here." 

Stefan looks at me and smiles saying "Oh hello Liv. How's your father doing?" The Salvatore brothers and I were never really close. Although we did study together I didn't know them, I was either with my friends or my sick mother. The first time we formally met was at my mother's funeral, my father is part of some council here and he's respected here. 

So was my mother. She was respected by everyone men and women alike. Although I am not really sure what work my father does in the council but my mother was always working towards helping woman and children. I adored her, loved her work, she was role model. But she passed away when I was twenty two, three years ago. And as much as my father and  I wanted a quiet and small funeral for her, we couldn't have one.

So that's where I met them, Damon and Stefan. I was in kitchen on the day of my mother's funeral, sobbing. I remember someone walking in so I had wiped my face in hopes of clearing any traces of tears, but a large hand had gently held my wrist moving it away from my face. My eyes met bright blue ones that sent shivers down my back. He spoke gently "You can cry. You're allowed to show emotions." It had taken me a while before I figured out who he was. "You can let it all out I'm right here." And I remember that, that day Damon Salvatore held me in his arms, allowing me to crying into his suit, his hand on my back and one in my hair holding me to his chest. He didn't judge me, didn't tell me to hold up my family's reputation he left me cry.

I shake my head and come back to the present and look towards Stefan and simply smile and say "He's doing alright thank you very much for asking." After I finish saying this I see a black mess of hair walk down from the hallway behind Stefan, Damon walks out to stand next to his brother his blue eyes shining in the sun going perfectly well with his dark grey suit and a blue tie. He looks at me confused for a second before he sends a small smile my way and says "Hi Liv."

I wave at him seeing Katherine smirk from the corner before she's clearing her throat and saying "Well isn't it just great that the two of you already know each other. Makes my job easier. Well now why don't you two get on with it and get to know each other." I send a glare to Katherine and when Damon shrugs his shoulder and walks to me extending his elbow out to me so I can loop my hand around it, I'm smiling and curtsying. That was the beginning of a beautiful and eventually painful love story.

-----------------

Flashback 1958

Damon's pov