i.8 (part 2)

This imagine was requested by vashappeninmaddi. Thank you so much for the request.
And this is a part two for imagine 8 so if you haven't read it, I suggest you read that before reading this.

———————-

 Kayleigh's pov

Its been one day since Damon left me at the foot of the couch in tears. I remember sitting by the couch but time flew by so fast I didn't realize I was sitting in the same position till Caroline came and dropped me home an hour later.

I have been in bed since and now it's almost two in the afternoon. My mom tried to get me out of bed and force me to go to class, but gave up when I refused to let go of the quilt she shook her head and walked down the stairs saying "If you are not out of bed and doing something by the time I get home tonight I'm going to get real mad at you Kayleigh Landon." I know my moms angry and it's kinda obvious when she uses my full name. Of course my mom understands losing someone you love whether it's a break up or death. My mom was in the same state as me when my dad died a few years ago when one of Klaus's hybrids bit my dad and ended up killing him. 

And we didn't have to compel my mom cause she knew about vampires and all, that's because she is a witch and yes that makes a witch as well. I had never seen my mom go off the deep end before. She broke down crying next to my dad's body, hugging his limp body to her, not even caring about the blood smearing onto her. She ended up locking herself in her room, sleeping most of the time and crying the other times. It took her a whole month and a half to come out of her room and start going to work. She stills cries at night in her room and acts like nothing happened in the morning. She thinks I don't know about her crying but I can hear her muffled sobs and cries through the walls. But I can't do anything about it cause she acts all tough and as if nothing ever happened.

A knock on the front door shakes me out of my thoughts. I ignore it and go back to thinking about my dad. How we used to spend time together and how in love my parents were. How both of them introduced me to magic all those years ago. I think about Damon next. His smile, blue eyes and how he thinks that I need him to take care of me.

In the beginning it was all about how he was too selfish and wanted me to himself only and now it's all about how he's still selfish but loves me enough to let me go. Like isn't that bullshit. Who tells all that shit to the person they love. 

The door bell rings twice quickly, followed by a knock and I groan as I push myself out of my bed and walk to the front door. I look through the peep hole and let out a small gasp when I see him on the other side. 

Why the hell is Damon at my front door?

I look into the mirror next to the front door and take in my appearance. My messy bun being really really messy and when I say messy, I mean it looks horrible. I quickly pull it out of the bun and tie a loose pony. My eyes are red matching my red nose as well, accompanied with dark circles under my eyes due to the lack of sleep. My cheeks are also red making my whole face look like a bloated crying mess. I look like a mess and I don't have time to cover the mess Damon left me in. 

My heart races as my hand lands on the cold knob of the door and I slowly turn it and open the door. I look at his shoes and then slowly look up to his blue eyes that I still love. I bite my cheek and swallow as I see him look at me with his mouth open and his eyes guilty.

"Damon." My voice cracks when I say his name and I quickly clear my throat and say "What...um what are you doing here?" Every time Damon used to come to pick me up he would never knock on the door he would just vamp into my room, considering the fact that he was invited in. I know he is stopping himself from touching me or even holding me by curling his hands into fists next to him.