Shooting Stars

Shay Pov-

I've been in this room counting money for hours. Too scared to leave, everyone is gone so I'm here alone with Chief and there was no way in hell I was going to leave this room.

The sound of the counting machine was starting to drive me insane so I started to play some music.

"Pardon me, L.O.R.D why'z it so hard out here for niggas like me", I sung along with Brent.

I soon get into my vibe but it is cut short when I hear a knock at the door. My heart drops, I don't move an inch.

"Shay open the door", relief washes over me as I hear Dee's voice. I go to open the door and she walks in.

"Girl you always in dis room", she says and sits down.

"Where else I'm supposed to be", I said.

"Shit ion know, anywhere. It's 2 am, you not tired?", she asked.

I was tired. Tired of everything.

"Not really, how was yo date?", I asked her. Trying to start any other conversation that's not about me.

"Great", she said with this big ass smile on her face.

I laughed, "awwee Dee got some coochie tonight"

"Shut up, I'm bout to go to Waffle House. You coming?"

"Girl ain't you just got done tryna get yo girlfriend back?", I asked her. Dee really all over the place.

"Chill, I'm going to meet Robbie, Tig, and Jah."

"Why is y'all linking at 2 in dah morning?", she got up and took her keys out her pocket.

"Just c'mon", she said and left out the room.

I grabbed my shit and followed her.

It took us about 15 minutes to get to Waffle House, Robbie and the boys were already there.

"Why you brung shay?", Tig asked Dee as we sat down.

I don't like him, never did. He tried to get with me, but I didn't and don't have time for a nigga. Him being a little boy, got mad at me for rejecting him. He started telling people I tried to give him head and shit. I never gave a fuck but at this particular moment I wanted to bash his head into the table.

"Because she was at the trap by herself and looked like she needed to get out. Is it a problem?", Dee asked in more of a protective manner.

"...nah", Tig said and gave me a look.

I got up to go to the bathroom, the energy Tig was giving me was making me mad and I really don't need that right now.

I stare into the mirror for a good minute, looking at my reflection. My hair was in a messy bun and the makeup was doing a good job at hiding the dark circles under my eyes.

"Get yo shit together Shayden", I say to myself.

I walk out the bathroom and Dee and the guys looked like they were having a serious conversation but by the look on Dee's face, she didn't like what she was hearing.

I sat down at the table and everybody got dead silent.

Dee was looking at me like she was tryna figure some out.

"What?", she shook her head.

"Nothing. So what we doing this time", she turned to ask Robbie.

"We gotta get some intel from a nigga named Jay P, he live in the village. He know where they gone be trading off the guns.", he said.

"Okay but how we gone get him?", Jah asked.

"I can set him up", I said and they all snap their heads towards me.

"Get him to link with me, drug him, then take him to the trap.", I said.

"You sure you up for it?", Dee asked me.

I nodded, "I think I got his Instagram, I'll send him a dm", I pulled out my phone and went to Instagram.

When I found his page I liked some pics and messaged him.

"Alright, what if he don't text back?", Jah questioned.

"Then we catch him lackin and grab his ass", Tig said.

"Can we eat now? We sitting here but ain't order shit yet", Dee said

"For real." I said.

A waiter came and took our order. We ate and talked for bit then we left.

I was in the car with Dee and she was staring out at the road looking like she was deep in her thoughts. She looked good like this, so focused.

"You wanna go home?", she asked me.

"No", I replied quickly. I want to avoid Chief as much as possible.

She nodded and ended up taking us to a empty parking lot.

"Let's star gaze." She said. We got out the car and sat on the hood and stared at the stars.

Who star gazes nowadays.

"You think there's something out there?", Dee asked me.

"Probably. It's hard to believe we're the only living organisms in the entire universe."

"Word, all jokes aside. If there is something out there how come we got so unlucky.", she said

"Honestly. I like to think when we die, our souls go to another planet", I said and Dee started to laugh.

"I'm so serious bruh, like there's no way, we live in this big ass universe and we can't explore it.", I said

"So what about heaven and hell", Chile anyways so.

"If the world religions are true, then all of humanity is doomed to hell. Especially Christianity, the people that teach it be committing the biggest sins."

"Damn girl you either woke as fuck or in a coma", I laughed.

"Dee what is that to say", she laughs and I turn to look at her.

Dee really has a nice smile, her pink full lips and pearly white teeth were honestly her best features.
It's crazy that we've hooked up so many times but never kissed. It was all strictly business.

Right now though, I really wanted to kiss her. I shoved that want deep down though, into the pits of my soul. Dee has a girlfriend and I don't need that drama in my life right now.

I turn my attention back to the sky and I instantly catch the shooting star fly through the sky and disappear. I closed my eyes and made a wish. A wish for better.

"oh shit", I hear Dee say.

She was now geeked about seeing a shooting star for the first time. I don't even think she made a wish.

"Bruh I can't believe I just witnessed a shooting star", she said.

"You know it's a common thing right ?", she looked at me like I was stupid.

"It ain't common for me", she said

I got up off the hood of the car and so did Dee.

"You can take me home now". I was dreading it but I had to go get some sleep.