Confession

Moni's Pov

I can't believe Dee joined a gang, I never thought she would do something like that, because she never did well in groups. She also hates being bossed around and Chief handles his minions like they're his slaves.

Dee is also very reckless in certain situations, so I couldn't imaginez1 what would happen if she were to get into an physical altercation with someone due to gang rivalry or some shit.

Ever since we were young Dee had issues with controlling her anger. She was very quick to lash out on someone. It got worse when her mom died, then she started to smoke weed. Dee lived on the east side, which is known to be the hood and family never had much. She never let that throw her off track though. So, it really pisses me off to see her begin to throw her life away now when she's almost done with school. It also scares me shitless to know that there will most likely be a target on her back everywhere she goes, now that she has that brand on her.

I walk into the bathroom and turned the shower on. Hot showers help me collect my thoughts & help relieve some stress. Everything from ending the relationship I had with Zi to Moni getting involved with a gang, really stressed me the fuck out.

After I wash, I grab a towel to wrap around me and i go to find some night clothes.

"Aamoni?", I hear Dee say from the other side of the door.

"What?"

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah", she walks in the door and she's instantly caught off guard by me being only in a towel. Her eyes scan over me as her face reddens.

I guess I always knew Mercedes had feelings for me or whatever but it was never discussed. She always gave me those looks and was always gentle with me, everybody knows Dee ain't a gentle person. The kiss we shared confirmed everything though, I didn't expect to kiss her back but when our lips touched it felt so right. The way her lips felt against mine and how her hands caressed my body just made my insides melt.

"You know it should be a crime to be this fine", she said with that annoying ass smirk on her face.

"don't try & sweet talk me, i'm still pissed at you"

"Moni i'm sorry ight, but I need this money. If there were other options I would take them but there aren't any", she goes to sit on my bed and buries her face in her hands.

"I know...I just wish things could be different for you", i walk up to her and pull her hands away from her face.

"I want you to promise me you're going to stay safe and composed no matter what.", I say, as I grab her chin so she could look me in my eyes.

"i promise, cross my heart & hope to die", she said while looking me directly in the eyes. It starts to get a little tense as we stared deep into each other's eyes.

"you should go get dressed" Dee says and she looks away from me.

I grab my clothes and head towards the bathroom to get dressed.

.......

Mercedes Pov

Moni goes into the bathroom and i'm left here thinking. Will I really be able to control myself? Niggas already be buggin, so imagine when they find out i'm rolling with Chief. Chief got hella enemies so that means I have hella enemies. Imma have to get a strap, to prepare for the worst. I ain't neva kill nobody but if I have to, I will.

Moni came out the bathroom with some biker shorts and a tank top on. Shawty really care about me, got me over here crossing my heart and shit. If she really doesn't have feelings for me, she need to do a better job at showing it cause it seems like she's digging me.

"you still want some gas?", I ask her. She's looking in the mirror while putting her hair into a bun. I got a good view of her ass and it's looking real good in them shorts.

"yeah, roll it up", I pull out the weed & she gives me a game blue cigar.

I put the weed in my grinder to break it up, then I take the guts out the cigar. I start to roll the blunt, licking the gar passionately with enough saliva to make it stick. While i'm handling my business, I can feel Moni staring at me.

"Bruh why do you stare at me when I roll up"

"Ion know, you roll a blunt like it's the love of your life", she said and I laugh. it's not the first time i heard that.

"Just practicing for when you finally spread them legs for me", I said. The look on Moni's face was priceless, I was laughing so hard my cheeks started to hurt.

"i'm just playing yo", I said. She rolls her eyes & I light the blunt.

After we smoke the blunt, Moni gets comfortable in bed and I decide to roll another blunt. I'm faded asf and I fell like getting some shit off my chest so i just start talking.

"So how come you never told me about you and Zion", I asked. Moni looks at me with wide eyes.

"uhh... ion know, we just agreed to not tell anyone"

"not even me"

"yeah, i'm sorry Dee"

I was sitting at her desk, smoking the blunt I just rolled.

"nah ain't no reason to be sorry, I knew for a while."

"How?", she raised her eyebrows & sat up in her bed.

"I saw y'all kiss a couple years back."

We sat in silence for a few minutes and I decided to break it.

" You know that shit low key broke my heart. I was head over heels for yo ass back then. Ain't nobody had me like you had me. Especially when my mom died, I was out of control but you always made sure I was straight. Everybody was loosing hope for me, including Zion but you stood by me through it all....I could've sworn you were the perfect girl for me.", I chuckled at the last part. This marijuana got me tripping cause I would never confess all this shit if I was sober.

"What about now?", She asked me.

"ion een know"

It started to get silent again and I was starting to get tired so I started getting my shit together.

"i'm bout to head out", I tell Moni as i walk towards the door.

"Alright be safe"