Standing Offer

After leaving Jade's, I head to Moni's. I've been sexually frustrated for a while now, and Jade surely helped relieve that frustration.

I park my car and I walk to the door, it was unlocked so I walked in. I go upstairs and I don't see anyone.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO WRONG!?", I hear yelling coming from Moni's room. It sounds like Zion, I tiptoe towards the door so I can hear the conversation.

"You didn't do anything Zi, I'm just not feeling this relationship anymore", Moni said. It sounds like shes crying.

"Fuck dat Aamoni, I love you", After Zion says that, I leave the house and decide to go for a ride.

I knew they had something going, but I didn't know how serious it was. I don't get why they never told me about it, but i'm not hell bent over it.

Since I have some free time, I take this chance to talk to Chief about his offer.

I pull up to the trap, and i see some dudes sitting outside drinking and smoking. Everybody stares at me as I get out the car and make my way to the front door. When I get inside I see Robbie sitting on the couch smoking a blunt.

"Aye Robbie where is Chief ?", he looks up at me with a smile on his face.

"lil nigga finally decide to show up, down the hall take a left, he's in the room at the end of the hall.", Robbie said.

I follow his directions and I knock on the door at the end of the hall.

"Who dat?", I roll my eyes, he know black people don't like to say their name when knocking on the door.

"Mercedes"

"Come in motherfucker", I walk into the room, which is technically his office.

"So what's up with this offer?", I ask him as I sit down in the chair in front of his desk.

"I want you to come work for me, help push some of this dope & and not no corner boy type shit, i'm talking big business.", he said while lighting a cigar.

"Why me?"

"Because you yo fathers child, I know you're a natural business person and you got that ruthlessness just like him", he talks as if he got me all figured out.

"mmm, so how much money imma be making?"

"nigga I can make you a millionaire in a year.", Those words caught my attention.

"what's the catch?", it's hard to believe this nigga just want me to do business for him without there being something else.

"Well Business is going to have to come before School, and whenever I need you, you come no questions asked. You also got to get branded."

I look at this nigga like he lost his damn mind.

"Branded?"

"Yeah everybody in dis bitch got one, including me. So you with it or not ?", he asked me.

"....Yeah i'm with It, but ion want nun to disrupt my school work too much, this my last year mane."

"deal, now take yo ass to the backyard so you can get this brand."

When I get to the backyard, I see a few more niggas rolling dice and some by the grill. I see Robbie sitting by the grill so I go over there.

"So who's doing my brand?", I look around.

"Chief will brand you", some dude with a bald ass head said.

Chief comes out the door with a long medal rod with a crown at the end.

"Take yo shirt off, lil nigga I ain't gone lie this bout to hurt like hell.", Chief instructed as he put the rod into the flames coming from the grill.

After about 10 minutes he take it out, and it's red as hell.

"turn around, somebody give her something to bite on", Chief said.

Robbie takes off his belt and hands it to me. I fold it twice, then put it in my mouth.

"Alright on three, 1...2...", I instantly feel and hear the medal melting my skin. I bite down on the belt as hard as I could and let out a muffled cry. Seconds later I pass out because of the unbearable pain.

10 minutes later, I'm awoken by a cold bucket of water being thrown on me.

"you good bruh?", robbie asked.

"yeah", my left shoulder feels completely numb and i feel light headed.

I get up off the ground and grab my shirt and put it on.

"damn Chief was it necessary to hold it on me for that long?"

"We don't do no lil boy brands, that gone forever be on yo skin no matter what.", he said while laughing.

"mane I got to go", I said walking away.

"imma hit you up soon", I hear chief say.

I get in my car and head back over to Moni's. When i get in the car, I have to slowly sit down in the seat to make sure I don't put to much pressure on my shoulder blade.

I can't believe I let myself get branded. Hiding it from my dad is going to be difficult.

When I get to Moni's, I see her parents car parked. I knock on the door and Mr Jones opens the door.

"Hey Dee", Mr Jones isn't a fan of the Lgbtg+ community but he tolerates me, because me & Moni were friends before I even came out and he knows there's not much he could do to stop our friendship.

"wassup Mr Jones"

I walk upstairs and see Moni sitting on the couch watching tv.

"what's up witchu", I ask as I gently sit down beside her.

"nothing, just aggravated. You got some gas on you?", she asked.

"you know I do, but I need a gar", I lay back in the chair but instantly regretting it when I feel the sting from the contact of my shirt rubbing against the burn.

"I got some, you alright?", she asked me. Looking at me curiously

"um yeah, just got a bruise on my back"

"what happened? Lemme see"

"nah it's not that serious", I don't want her to know that I'm in Chiefs gang. She would probably burn me again.

"Stop playing and let me see the damn bruise bruh, u might need extra care or some shit. How you get a bruise anyway?" she said while reaching for my shirt.

I quickly get off the couch, away from her.

"It's not that serious Moni damn" she starting to get on my nerves, always tryna be nosy. She rolls her eyes and gets up and walks towards me.

"just lemme see the fucking bruise Mercedes. What ?you tryna hide something?", she asked.

"...."

"Bruh take the shirt off"

"oh my fucking god", I take the shirt off and stand looking at Moni as she stare at me.

"Turn around tf", she really thinks she's the boss in this mf. I slowly turn around and wait for her to spazz.

"WTF IS DAT DEE, I just know the fuck not", she shoves me, and I almost lose my footing.

"Keep yo hands to yoself Moni", I said to her in a warningly tone.

"Fuck you, why in the hell is dat shit on your shoulder blade?", she asked as her eyebrows furrowed.

" I took Chief up on his offer"

"What fucking offer Dee?"

"He asked me to do business with him"

"why?"

"I need the money"

She huffs and walks away into her room. Moni was never a fan of the gangs in this city. She always felt like it was wrong to put the people in your community in danger for your own personal gain.

And now i'm apart of that wrong doing.