Vengeance

I had just pulled up to Jah's crib, waiting on him to come answer the door.

It's been a little minute since I've been to Jah's house. Everybody used come over here after school to chill, but mainly because of his momma's cooking. Ms. May always threw it down in the kitchen, especially on Thanksgiving. The whole hood used to be at her house for Thanksgiving.

Sadly, she died the day after New Years. That's when Jah started to get deep in the streets.

Jah finally came to the door to let me in. When I came in, he looked out behind me as if
to see if anybody followed me.

"What's going on nigga? Why you been blowing my jack like you my bitch or sum?", I asked him as I sat down in the living room.

"Yo dad ever tell you why yo momma got killed?", what the fuck.

"Nah, but I assumed dat nigga T Murda was tryna off his ass but he got my momma instead. Why u asking me dis shit mane?", I'm starting to get real impatient.

"That a lie", he said.

"Nigga what? How would you know?", the confusion I'm feeling right now is starting to make me upset.

"I was at the trap waiting on Chief. When he pulled up I heard him outside talking to somebody. And I kid you not, I heard him say and I quote, we can't let em find out T Murda ain't responsible for Mariah's death."

My mind was everywhere right now. I couldn't fathom the fact that the motherfucker who killed my mom was still out there.

"Are you serious?", jah nodded.

"I wouldn't lie about this mane."

At that exact moment, vengeance seeped it's way into me.

.........

Shay's PoV-

"Your total is 5.21", I said to the man in front of me.

I was at work, the only place I'm at if it ain't home.

I haven't spoken to Dee since we kissed, that was almost a week ago now. I was avoiding her. I didn't want to talk about what happened, it was a mistake and it shouldn't have happened.

When she left that night, I had another panic attack. I used to have them real bad when my dad died. It was result of being a witness to my father's murder. I stopped having them years ago but due to the current events in my life they resurfaced.

I hate triggering my anxiety. It makes me feel broken. I know I am, but feeling it is a different story.

"Shay can you grab some cups from the back?", my coworker, Avery asked.

I nodded and went to go get them and brought them to her.

"So, this yo first job?", Avery asked.

"Yeah", I replied.

"I've been working here since I was 16, girl it's been a struggle but it's better now. Especially with the new management.", she said while making drinks.

"Yeah, I heard the management before Miss Neveah was real disrespectful. Glad I wasn't here then, cause I would've put my foot up they ass.", I said

She laughed, "girl I was too shy to talk my shit but that man definitely had me fucked up on many different occasions."

Some customers came in and I took their order. Then, I heard the doorbell ring again and in came Mercedes and Moni.

My life is a joke.

"Hey Dee, what can I get for y'all today?", I said.

"Wassup, lemme get two number two's with 2 cokes", I ringed it up and they went to sit down.

Moni was eyeing the fuck out of me.

"Damn who is that?", Avery said looking at Dee.

"Girl don't even waste yo time.", I said.

"Why? What's the tea?", she asked.

"She just not a relationship person", I said.

"Then who the dark skin?"

"Her girlfriend"

Avery gave me a confused look, "then how- ohh mhm ok", she said once realized what I was trying to say.

Another one of my coworkers came with some bags of food and called out a number. Dee came to the counter to get the food.

"Shay what time you get off?", Dee asked me.

"Why?"

"Mane what time you get off?"

"In an hour", I answered.

"Ite", she said and walked back to the table Moni was at.

I really didn't want to be bothered by Dee but we would have to talk eventually.