26; match point

「here stands a manwith a bullet in his clenched right handbut don't push him, sonfor he's got the power to crush this land」

here stands a man
with a bullet in his clenched right hand
but don't push him, son
for he's got the power to crush this land

syml; the war

s a n

San was stirring around on the bed, causing the springs inside the mattress to creak slightly as he moved around. The sheet felt itchy against his skin, and the covers too - in fact everything felt more or less uncomfortable in that moment.

"Are you asleep?" San turned around on the bed, staring into the dark towards the side of the room where his brother was resting.

"No..." A mumbling answer came from the other bed, and a heavy sigh followed.

Having no follow up reply prepared, San simply sighed as well, biting into his lip with an uneasy feeling roaming inside of him.

"What's the plan now?" Jongho then asked, whispering and with a tone of discouragement that San had never heard slip from the hardworking younger Choi's lips.

"Guess it's all up to him..."

The joint silence that followed, let both of them know they were thinking exactly the same. Getting rid of Yeosang would be tricky - but not impossible. Yes, he had somehow gained access to all of Seonghwa's assets, but the death of the oldest Choi surely was kept a secret...

But for how long?

San twisted the words around his tongue, but he didn't speak them out loud yet - going back and forth between the positive and negative points. What harm would it be to let Yeosang live? Or would it end up causing him too much trouble?

"We can't kill him..." It then came from the other side of the room, as if Jongho was reading his mind. "He showed us he had killed Seonghwa, not even attempting to hide it. But we would be foolish to underestimate him. He's got nothing to lose, he's dangerous, San."

"I know..."

Jongho was right. Yeosang must have had a plan, something prepared if the Chois tried to rat him out. He couldn't be that reckless not to...

Unless?

It was hard falling asleep that night, even harder than usual, and San felt like the only thing he did was to toss and turn on the uncomfortable bed.

The following afternoon - about two hours, depending on the traffic, away from the city they all met in, they made a pitstop to use the bathroom at a gas station. Hongjoong was still in the restroom, and Jongho was inside the small shop to buy some bottles of water.

San was standing outside, leaning against the car and catching some of the warm rays of sunshine on his face.

"I know what you're thinking," Yeosang suddenly hummed, calmly, as he strolled over to stand next to him.