20; in love and war

((A long-ish chapter after being away for a while. Show me love pls ;;-;; <3))

「fool me once, fool me twiceare you death or paradise?now you'll never see me crythere's just no time to die」

fool me once, fool me twice
are you death or paradise?
now you'll never see me cry
there's just no time to die

billie eilish; no time to die

y e o s a n g
mature

White.

Blank.

One big, empty blur.

Yeosang blinked, twice, but nothing changed. His head was heavy, spinning although he was certain he was lying completely still. The only sound he could hear was his own breathing, and it was a struggle to even get it over his dry lips.

He opened his eyes again, as much as he was capable of - but still, all he saw was white. Nothing.

Suddenly, he felt fingertips stroke his chin and down his jaw, gentle and soft and a voice that started off sounding so far away, soon ran through his ears and filled his head.

"Everything will be okay, my love. You will be okay, I promise."

At the sound of the voice he had hoped he'd never hear again, Yeosang closed his eyes once more - but the tears were pushing against his eyelids, warm and painful.

He wanted to reach out, to push Seonghwa away, to get up and run as fast as he could... But it was impossible for him to move at all, and then he felt a small sting poke through the skin of his arm.

"I will fix you, don't worry."

As time passed, exactly how much was uncertain to him though, Seonghwa cut down on the doze and only kept him sedated to the extend where he had no chance of fighting back.

The scenario repeated itself so many times that Yeosang began to question if he was even awake, or if it was simply a horrible nightmare. Or maybe, this was Hell and how he would suffer for eternity.

Yeosang opened his eyes up wide, stared at the white ceiling, but for once he actually was able to see other details as well - kind of, at least.

He wiggled around on the bed, dragging his tired body across the sheet until he felt a pull at his wrist. Cuffs around both his wrists held him tied to the bed, one on each side of the mattress, and he let out a struggling whine as he realized what was going on.

One pull, two - but nothing helped, he was still stuck.

The sound of the door opening made him stop moving, and he slowly turned his hazy vision towards the tall figure that came towards him.