02; in the dark

「 say hello to the nightlet order and chaos fill your eyesbrave the fear in your mindwalk into the afterlight 」

say hello to the night
let order and chaos fill your eyes
brave the fear in your mind
walk into the afterlight

crown the empire; kaleidoscope

h o n g j o o n g

...

Blood.

All he could taste was blood.

And all he could see, was darkness. Complete, bleak, drowning darkness.

His hand clenched around whatever was under him in that moment, his nails digging into it while tears fell from his blinded eyes. Every little part of him hurt, as his body shook with every painful cry that pushed their way out between his dry lips.

The fluttering of his lashes, when he fought to blink his eyes, was barely felt - and it didn't change anything anyway. He closed his eyes, pinched them together with the warm tears welling up behind his eyelids.

It felt as if his body was suddenly picked up, moved away, but he wasn't sure if it was happening or not - or maybe, this was how he died and the feeling was his soul leaving him?

Then, a stinging pain was felt in his arm, and everything started to fade. The pain, the dust filling his lungs, and every single thought in his mind - one bye one they disappeared, until there was nothing left...

Hongjoong blinked a few times, his eyelids heavier than ever and every breath he took was like pure fire in his lungs. His vision was blurry, while he struggled to find focus.

Everything around him was distorted in both shape and color, and he had no idea of where he was - or for how long he had been passed out for. He was lying on a bed, but it wasn't his own, in a room he had never been in before.

Using all his strength, he pushed himself up to rest his elbows against the mattress. The sound of footsteps approaching made him turn his head - only for a overwhelming pain to spread at the movement.

"... S-Seonghwa?" 

Dressed the way he always was, black suit and tie, white shirt and the dark hair pushed back, Seonghwa looked at him from the doorway - and although his silhouette kept blurring out, the smirk on his face was clear as day.

"You're finally awake," he simply said. "Took you long enough."

"What... What happened... Where... Am I?"

Hongjoong finally got himself to sit up properly on the bed, the sudden shock of Seonghwa made his head a little clearer - although very anxious as well. And suddenly it all came back to him. The argument between the brothers, the gun in his hand. All the pain, the tears, the last words that had left San's lips, before...

𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 || sequel to HeartstringsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara