31; when the curtains fall

y e o s a n g

day 3

.

With eyes bleak and empty, Yeosang stared out the windows of Seonghwa's old apartment. It was late at night, and the only light was from the city outside. His fingers stroked over the cold metal on the table in front of him, and his eyes followed around the silhouette in the dark.

He spun it around, picked it up and raised it slowly in his hand.

'It's time.'

"Almost."

Yeosang waited until the sun was up, making sure to take in every small detail of the sunrise over the city - every color, every soft stroke of light spreading across the tall buildings. The sun streamed through the windows, and it felt so warm and wonderful against his face. He smiled to himself; the sun reminded him of the gentle way Hongjoong smiled - just like the scent of summer rain would always be the one thing that took Yeosang's mind straight to the loving thoughts of the bright eyed older.

It was a beautiful memory, but the moment was ruining when the darkness kept stirring up inside of him. Impatiently. It was day three, the three days he had given Jongho to think things over, and for San to make the right decision. Only thing was, that it was only the latter that actually mattered.

The metal barrel reflected the light in such a pretty way, and Yeosang stroked his fingers down the grip before he spun it around again, looked closely at it from every angle.

The gun he had found in Seonghwa's home office.

'What are you waiting for?'

"The perfect moment." Yeosang whispered. He pushed his hair back, as he turned around and walked away from the windows. "I have everything planned out, don't you worry."

As the sun followed him through the apartment, the darkness made one last hiss before it disappeared - both around him and inside of him.

"It will all be over very soon." A smirk spread across his face when he stood in front of the large mirror in the hallway. He slipped the gun into the pocket of his coat, and took one last look at himself before walking out the door.

Yeosang tapped his fingertips against his thigh, and with a quick glance he looked at his watch. For hours he had been sitting in his car at the side of the road, waiting for the outcome of the plan he had set into motion.

He had watched from the distance, when San pulled up in front of Hongjoong's building - it was four hours ago. No sign of San nor Hongjoong yet, but Yeosang waited patiently. The door opened and closed several times throughout the day, but it had only been the crackhead who lived on the second floor, the old crazy lady from fifth who screamed angrily every night, or other useless people who were not only a waste of his attention, but a waste to the very world.

Suddenly, the door opened once again, and a sharp inhalation shot through Yeosang's throat. He watched as San came walking out, dragging an old suitcase behind him and with a duffle bag over each of his shoulders. San got the luggage into the car waiting by the side of the road, and only a short moment after Hongjoong came out of the building.

The sight of him broke off a little piece of Yeosang's heart, and it fell down so deep - into a black hole where only pain existed.

Hongjoong let the bags in his hands drop to the ground, as he waited for San to make room in the car. The wind twirled his hair around, and he glanced up towards the sky, slowly turning halfway around to look up at the building he had called home for so long. Yeosang felt a lump in his throat, and an uneasiness unfolding inside of him at the sight.