CHAPTER 40: There's No 'Us'

Start from the beginning

I don't believe him.

"I-I don't believe you." I managed to utter with a shaky voice, I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Ask him yourself." Seth said with a confident look on his face.

Slowly I turned to Liam to see him already looking at me with a defeated look. "I-It's not the t-truth right? H-He is lying. Right?"

Liam just stared at me with the same defeated look. "Answer me Liam."

"He is not lying." Finally Liam said.

Those four words and I felt my world crashing down. Tears were rolling down my cheeks.

No.

No.

No.

"L-Liam." He looked away.

"It's time for me to leave Mr. Parker. I wish you a very happy married life." Seth said with a smirk and left.

I just stared at Liam waiting for him to say that everything is a lie. Waiting for an explanation from him. Gulping hard Liam turned to me, he didn't say anything but just stared at me. I was so done with everything, I couldn't say anything else, I just want to stay alone now. I was walking away from him, when he held my hand.

"Bella I-I-" Liam started but I cut him off by pulling my hand away from his hold.

"I what? H-How can you be so selfish Liam? So selfish. You lied to me." I said with my voice cracking.

"I-I didn't think much at that time."

"You didn't think? How is it possible Liam? You made a full proof plan of trapping me and how is it possible that you didn't think? I was just a business deal for you that you wanted to accomplish in any way. Right?"

"No Bella. Just listen to me."

"Listen to what Liam. You didn't think about me even once, how will I f-feel, nothing. Did you love to see me crying on my knees in front of you?"

He shook his head. "No."

"Everything was a set up. Everything was planned out. How can you be so cruel Liam? Is the love thing also a set up? You are playing around with me for some selfish reasons. Aren't you?"

"Are you crazy? No. I love you."

"And how can I trust you on that?"

He took a deep breath and rubbed one hand over his face. "I didn't had any other option."

"You did. You could've asked me at least once to marry you. This wasn't necessary Liam. You went so low."

Saying that I started walking away, I just wanted to stay away from him.

I can't trust anybody.

No one.

Everyone is a liar.

Nanny was right, this world is cruel and selfish.

Liam held my hand and said "You promised me that you won't leave me."

"See. You have everything planned out for yourself. I can't leave you, I can't let Ryan go back to what he was before. I have to stay here and take care of him. Don't worry I won't break my promise."

He clenched his jaw. "And what about us?"

I paused for a moment.

"There is nothing called 'us' now. I am just Ryan's mother that you wanted me to be."