Luke Imagine

Your POV

I looked at the central building. Poor Celia is going to die at 6:45 P.M. today. Might as well give her a box of her favorite candy and pop. The central building reads everyone's death time and date; Except you can't see your own. I arrived at school and sat in my normal seat. As class was just beginning, (Mrs.Lancaster was telling us mournfully that Celia's mom decided to keep her home because of you-know-what) a blond boy, who was 6'5 or so, came rushing in. Of course it was seventeen year old Luke Hemmings. I won't deny I have a crush on him. Neither will any of the girls here. But I don't stand a chance. Poor Celia won't either.

"Luke Hemmings! You are late again! If you're late one more time, I will suspend you!"

"Sorry! Sorry! I was just dropping off some things for Celia since I heard about...the you-know-what..." Luke replied, looking sympathetic. He always worms out of things like this. The teacher sighed and nodded. Luke took his seat next to me and started doodling in the corner if his paper. He then looked in my direction.

"Hey, Y/N, how are you?" He whispered as the teacher got to her job as algebra teacher. I gave him a skeptical/suspicious look.

"Yes..." I answered. "And, uh, how are you, Luke?"

"I'm great, Y/N," he replied happily, grinning. I went back to listening to the teacher until I was interrupted by Luke again.

"I was...wondering if you, um, wanted to go hang out some time?" I froze. Did Luke Hemmings, the Luke Hemmings, just ask me out?! You turned to him and replied sheepishly,"I'd be more than happy to."

"It's a date then!" He said a little loud. The teacher turned our way.

"Luke Hemmings! Y/N L/N!" She exclaimed. "No more talking! Pay attention!"

(Friday)

I applied the last bit of make-up on. I looked at the mirror. My (color of hair) hair looked nice with my (color of skin) skin. The blush really bright out my cheekbones (A/N:If you remember this sentence, you are a Cool Kid) and my eyeliner made my (color of eyes) eyes pop out. I wore a knee-length, black dress that wasn't too fancy since Luke never told me where we're going. All he said was he was to pick me up at seven P.M. I also had on some dark pantyhose with black pumps. I clomped down the stairs, careful not to trip. My mother waited at the bottom of the stairs and when she saw me, she gasped.

"Aw, my little girl, aw, Y/N! You're so beautiful!"

"Mom, mom, okay! Thank you," I replied. There was then a knock on the door and mom nearly screamed. "That's him! I'll see you later! Bye!"

"All right, bye! I love you, have fun! Have all the fun you can have! Just don't come home pregnant!" I laughed.

"All right, mom, bye!" I opened the door to find Luke standing with a red rose, and he was wearing a tux. It looked as if his hair was flattened down but he pushed it up in his quiff. His eyes nearly popped out of his skull when his eyes touched the frame of me and every single detail of me.

"H-hi, Y-Y-whoa..." His eyes scrambled from here to there.

"Hi, Luke..." I replied, blushing. Suddenly my mother came behind me.

"You must be Luke! Hi, I'm Y/M/N, Y/N's mom." Luke waved and smiled.

"Nice to meet you," his head turned to you. "R-ready to go?"

You smiled and nodded.

-to the date-

Luke drove right up to a hill named "Star Search Mountain" and it had a great view of the different constellations.

"I know it may seem nerdy, but I find the stars and planets very interesting. The way the stars make up pictures and the different things in space..."

"I do too!" I replied. "And I don't think its nerdy..." He grinned and got out if the car. He sat on the hood of the car and leaned back on the windshield. I joined him in doing the same. We sat in silence, occasionally pointing out constellations, planets, or something interesting. I remember seeing the clock this morning and finding out that Luke is going to die when he's eighty. I hope I'll have spent my entire life with him. Suddenly, I felt a slight movement near my hand. It took me two seconds to realize it was Luke's hand. His fingers intertwined in mine and our hands just sat next to each other.

"Y/N..." Luke started, his head turning towards me.

"Yeah?" My head turned too. His bright blue eyes were magnificent in the stars' reflecting light.

"I...uhhhh...this is too hard to say!" He groaned and slapped his head. He then grabbed out a guitar and started strumming up a tune. "Maybe I'll just sing it to you."

His angelic voice rang out into the night and I recognized this song instantly. It was 'I've got this friend' and I immediately understood what he was trying to tell me. When he finished, he set down the guitar and asked shyly,
"What do you think?"

"What do I think?!" I repeated. "I think...that that was the most amazing thing I've ever heard." His grin was brighter than anything I've seen tonight. He grabbed me in his warm embrace and he kissed me. His lips softer than I could ever imagine.

"I've liked you for a long time, Y/N, I just didn't know when to say it."

"I liked you too."

-tomorrow-

Luke's POV (ooohhhhh)

Y/N's death date was too close. Sunday. I had to tell her my feelings before it happened. We hung out on Saturday and we did everything she wanted to do. Even though she didn't know it, these were her dying wishes. I nearly cried myself to sleep last night thinking of it. She kept receiving texts and calls from classmates and teachers. Her smile. Her laugh. Her face. I loved everything about her. I want to see her smile every day, I want to hear her laugh every day, I want to have her in my arms forever. But that can never happen.

-Sunday-

Luke's POV

Black. That's all I see. Silently in the background, MCR's Black Parade was playing. Sobbing adults and friends and family. Everyone saying goodbye. I don't want to say goodbye. Tears form in my eyes as I walk up to the tiny coffin. Eighteen isn't the right age to die. How could cancer sneak up on us? We all knew she was going to die at this age, we just didn't know how. I saw her hair in a nice ponytail, the black dress she wore on our first date, her make-up done nicely.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry. I really did like you," I choked on my sobs. My hand touched her cheek. Cold and icy. Lifeless. A tear drop landed on her nose and made its way to her lips. I remember our first kiss. It was only two days ago. I sighed. "I love you..."

..........

A/N: Okay, I hurt myself, ow.