Six.

Flowers and Fog

⤜━𝕩𝕠𝕩𝕠 🌹 𝕩𝕠𝕩𝕠

Jessie Hanson

"Is that him calling?" Iris asked with a smirk.

I gave her a nod as I answered, quickly putting the phone to my ear as I took a deep breath. "Hello?"

"Hey," Lucas cheerfully spoke, his deep voice sending my heart into overdrive. "You busy?"

I peered up to Iris who shook her head lightly, as if answering for me, before she left to give me some privacy.

"Not really. What are you up to?" I closed the cover on the piano, slumping forward to try and ease my overworking mind.

"I was about to go on a hike and I was wondering if you wanted to come."

I shot upright, knocking over the bench and almost falling to my ass at his words.

Is he asking me out?!

"I guess I am." He chuckled.

"Fuck. I said that out loud?" I groaned, looking to the three girls, including Emily, who found themselves eavesdropping from the couch.

They all giggled, nodding at me.

My cheeks flamed, turning my pale skin into a deep, deep red.

"So, what do you say?" Lucas pressed, keeping his tone even and calm as if this wasn't making him as anxious as me.

"Yeah. Sure." I looked to my feet that were cladded in sandals and sighed. "I have to come home to change my shoes though. I don't think my flip flops will do."

"I can grab them for you. No ones home so it wouldn't look weird me going in your room." Lucas offered without hesitation.

"Okay. My shoes are in my closet. Where are we going?"

"I'll text you the address. See you soon." He hung up quickly, not even giving me a chance to say bye back.

All I could do was stare at my phone with disbelief, feeling like a high schooler being asked out for the first time all over again.

"Haven't you had boyfriends before?" Emily raised a brow as she trolled me.

"You know what, when you get older and your crush asks you out, then we'll have this conversation. Until then, just stay away from boys." I paused, looking to the three teenaged girls, "All of you."

"Yeah, okay." They all giggled, rushing off to their rooms.

"Come back to visit soon, Jessie! And drive safe!" Iris called after me.

"Okay, Ms. Monroe!" I waved her off as I practically jumped into my car.

It took me almost a half hour to get to the spot Lucas had texted me. I parked my car in an isolated lot, seeing only one other car - his car. And all I could do was watch him as he got out, adjusting his cotton shorts and tight fitted t shirt that hugged his fit body in all the right ways. His arms flexed when he threw a backpack over his shoulder, carrying my shoes that looked so tiny in his big strong hands.

His hands that were capable of taking down an opponent in the ring. I've seen how much power they held, I've witnessed him choking a man out with his forearms - but I still craved the touch of them, wondering how gentle he could be with them if I was the one in his hold.