Four

Dude?

⤜━𝕩𝕠𝕩𝕠 🌹 𝕩𝕠𝕩𝕠

Lucas Wilde

* ONE YEAR AGO *

The house was tense and quiet, much like it had been for the last six months. The only difference was we were down a roommate. It wasn't the typical, here's my last months rent I'm moving out.

No.

When Yvette moved out, it involved broken plates, smashed TVs and a bunch of stolen belongings. Most of which were Oliver's.

Rightfully so.

He was the one that cheated on his roommate/girlfriend with her best friend.

But even if it was no ones fault but his own, every one was paying the price.

Sarah hadn't been home in weeks. In hopes to avoid all the tension in the air she picked up shifts at her job and stayed late at school almost every day. Leaving me, alone, with Oliver who had suddenly became this grumpy asshole who thinks he dictates the house because his parents gave it to him.

Bitterness is what took me over.

Bitter because I had to pick up extra shifts at the bar, cutting into my own workout routine all because Oliver couldn't keep it in his fucking pants.

Bitter because, even if he was my best friend, I couldn't stand a cheater.

Bitter because I envied the relationship he had with her and for some reason, I felt like I had lost hope when they did.

But that was the past. Only a few months ago - but still the past.

"Some dude named Jessie is coming over to look at the room." Oliver grumbled as he walked into the kitchen, cleaning supplies in his hands and a permanent scowl on his face. "Would it kill you or Sarah to fucking clean up after yourselves?"

The spoon in my hand just about melted from my anger. "Listen, man. I'm sick of your attitude. You fucked up. You did this. Man up and take responsibility for it instead of taking out your anger on your only two friends left. The dishes in the sink are yours. The leftovers that are rotting in the fridge, yours. Sarah and I have been trying to pick up your slack so I don't want to hear shit."

Oliver stood there stunned, his face slowly contorting into dismay - an expression I had seen from him so much the last couple of months.

"Fuck- I'm sorry." I groaned, standing to my feet with a sigh.

"No. You're right. Fuck. I'm just so fucking mad at myself." He cried out with glossy eyes. "I didn't mean to hurt her. I was drunk-

I pulled him into my chest and pat his back hard. "I know, man."

His chest heaved with a heavy sob, one I could only imagine he was hoping to release in private.

But I was here now. And I was going to let him cry for as long as he wanted.

Then Sarah entered with a pile of nursing books in her arms and probably more stuffed into her bag that she carried on her back. She frowned as she observed me cradling a grown man to his emotional breakdown. She placed the books to the table and rushed over to us, pushing her glasses up her nose before wrapping her arms around us both.

"Oh we needed this group hug!" She sang, rocking us both with her little body.

Oliver shot her a forced smile, sucking in a breath. "Fuck, I'm so sorry guys. I've been a sucky friend and a horrible roommate."