long live Tuckamore Bay

Start from the beginning

There was a splatter of laughs, until Clayton spoke up.

"Unless youse wants to be a ghost dere, Wike, Ise bes shuttin' up 'bout right now."

Premier Best walked into the scene and sat at the desk. He folded his hands and sat straight, staring at the camera and prompter that were a couple feet from him, out of the viewer's vision.

"I apologize for interrupting your usual Monday programming, but I felt that the events of the day, the historic events of today, had to be delivered to the people of Newfoundland and Labrador, by myself and not through channels of here-say and gossip."

He took a deep breath and continued.

"Earlier today, two of my highest ranking ministers handed in their resignations.

Deputy Premier Christine Young and Environmental Minister Calvin Parsons, both presented me with documents, announcing their immediate resignation from their posts with the government and their intention to leave politics for good."

A huge cheer went up from those in the Pub

Lindsay grabbed a Sonic Blaster air horn and let rip with a loud blast to quite everyone down.

" ... citing personal reasons for their quick and unexpected resignations. 

Both Mrs. Young and Mr. Parsons will be missed by our party and they leave behind huge shoes to fill. I wish both the very best, as they leave behind their political careers and begin their new lives in the public sector.

A slight shuffle of cabinet has been put into effect immediately.

Elizabeth Morrow, will step down from her post as Minister of Tourism and she has accepted the post as the new Deputy Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador.

The position of Minister of Tourism will now be filled by Mr. Gerry Byrne, the MHA from the district of Corner Brook and the position of Minister of the Environment will be filled by the MHA for Grand Falls - Windsor - Buchans, Mr. Christopher Tibbs.

I congratulate all three on their promotions and I am sure that they will carry on the pride and tradition and work ethic of their predecessors.

Elections in the districts of Humber - Gros Morne and St. John's Central will be held in December, at a date to be determined by Elections Newfoundland and Labrador."

"Maybe Ise shud run," Wike barked.

"Maybe youse shud stop runnin' off at da mouth," Lindsay barked back at him.

"Or youse will be cuts off, Wycliff Rideout."

Premier Best took a drink of water and started talking again.