Chapter 9 and 10

Chapter9

Nikkita

I knew I was dreaming, but it felt so real, like I was reliving my memory.

'I'm really nervous,' Frankie said.

'Don't be, I've told my parents about you and their really excited to meet you,' I replied smiling.

It was the official meet the parent's night, and Frankie was beyond nervous. I'd already met her parents and it had gone really well. I got on great with her dad, well both loved football and old music like The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. We both favoured the song Sympathy for the Devil. Her mum was really sweet, she kept fussing over me and asking if I needed anything. I remember how nervous I was, my hands were shaking, my palms were sweaty and I feared my heart would jump right out of my chest. So I truly understood how Frankie felt. This evening was important to all of us, not only were my family and Frankie meeting each other for the first time but this was my first relationship.

I met Frankie at her house so we could walk to mine together, I held her hand and tried to soothe her fears. Looking at her I could tell she'd made an effort, her hair which was usually tied up in ponytail had been freshly straightened and the sides had been clipped back which made her look so girly, so beautiful. Frankie's usual attire was jeans, t-shirt and skater shoes. Her beautiful ankle length topaz flowy skirt, black vest top and sheer dark blue shirt only enhanced her girly look. No matter what she wore, Frankie was always beautiful to me but tonight she wowed me.

'You look amazing,' I told her.

She often shied away from compliments, she smiled shyly but said nothing about it.

'What if they don't like me?' She asked nervously pulling at her shirt.

'Of course they'll like you, what's not to like,' I smiled.

'Well are there any topics of conversation I should avoid?'

I laughed, 'no not really, although I wouldn't ask my brother Lorne about his pet rats or he'll go on about it for hours.'

'He has rats as in 'rats' plural?'

'Yeah, I think it was twelve at last count,' I smiled.

'Blimey he must really like them.'

'Yup.'

The sun was trying desperately to peek through the clouds as we walked through Dukinfield park, there was a breeze in the air that made it feel much colder than it was. I kept hold of her hand as we went by the large circle grass area, the flowers were in bloom which made this part of the park seem almost tranquil. Here I spent many Summer days lazing about on the grass either writing stories or drawing in my art book.

As we neared my house, I paused for a moment to look deep into her sapphire eyes and kiss her longingly. I pulled her close to me, wishing that we could be like this always.

I didn't tell her, but to felt nervous about tonight. My parent's were laid back and loving, but had only found out my being a lesbian a few weeks before I met Frankie and while they seemed okay with it, I hoped they didn't think it was a phase.

As we approached my door, I took my keys out of my pocket and turned to look at Frankie. Her hands were shaking, so I took them in mine and leaned in for a kiss just the door opened and my father stood there smiling. Frankie pulled away as her face turned red, I wanted to laugh but instead just turned to my dad.

'Hi dad, this is Frankie. Frankie this is my dad Neil Winsford,' I said sounding surprisingly calmly.

'H-hello,' Frankie replied.