Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Shit, is the guy from the tattoo shop. . .

To say I was surprised was an understatement.

I quickly diverted my eyes from him blinking twice, trying to snap out of my trance. Why was he here? I mean is more than obvious that him and Alex knew each other. I remember that they were talking yesterday at the shop and now he's here, in Alex's social circle.

I didn't know why I felt so intimidated by him. we haven't even interacted. I guess that's the reason why I felt this way; because we haven't had any type of cross, I didn't know what to expect if we did. But then again, we don't know what to expect from any stranger. I mean he's extremely good looking and any girl would probably swoon at the sight of him, but I wasn't the type of girl to seem affected by such things. I finally decided to ignore my thoughts and tried to refocus on the conversation, knowing that -of course- I wouldn't succeed. I'm a walking contradiction.

"Girls...", Alex started "this is Kyle," he pointed at a tall brunette. He smiled and waved. "Connor and Tyler. They're brothers " he motioned towards a pair of cute blondes.

"Pleasure to meet you, ladies", one of them said, I think his name was Connor " But when the party ends, do you think I can follow you home? ". he asked looking in my direction.

Em. . . uh?

"Um, why?" I asked curious as to what he had to say.

"Because-"

"Please don't start" the other one interrupted, Tyler.

"-My parents always told me to follow my dreams" he finished with a cheeky smile, completely ignoring his brother. Cece burst out laughing and I chuckled.

"Connor, it's better to let them think you're an idiot than to prove it " Alex said.

" is-is that something funny you tried to say? cause you know, your life is a better joke " He smirked. A girl 'oohhh-ed' his snarky remark. Alex rolled his eyes and muttered 'fucking five year olds' under his breath.

" Slowly, apply water to that burn" Cece jokingly announced ruffling Alex's hair. He huffed but then smiled. Who would say they met each other less than forty-eight hours ago?

" Now Connor, you shitstick, can you shut the fuck up so I can finish? " Alex narrowed his eyes at Connor and then flipped him the bird. Connor scoffed feigning offense and laid his hand on top of his chest, right on his heart mouthing 'hurts'. He's a total clown."Sorry for that, where was I?...Oh right. This is Isabel, Tyler's girlfriend" Alex continued and motioned towards a small, pretty brunette leaned in Tyler's arms "Sara, Chris, Marcus", Sara had nice blonde hair and tanned skin, Chris had beautiful brown skin and Marcus was a really muscular guy.

"the quiet loser in the back is my stepbrother, Damian " Alex continued, My eyes setting on him,

Damian.

So that's his name, I thought. Hot.

He stood in the back of the room, silent -not that I could really tell with the music blasting in my eardrum. He was observing the party in front of him, holding a beer in his right hand. This time he wore a perfectly fitting black button down with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, tattoos visible in one of his forearms. His black jeans were hanging daringly low on his hips and finally, his feet were adorned with a pair of red leather-jacket shoes. Wait. I stopped my starring realizing something. wait, wait...

Wait, hold on. WHAT!? Step brothers? I was so busy stalking Damian that I ignored that piece of conversation. Did I heard things right? Wow. So...Alex and Damian really are family. This is interesting and unexpected. It didn't know why I cared so much anyway. I guess any information about him would be feeding my inner, hormonal fangirl. I stopped myself before my thoughts became stupider than the second before.