Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Hey Aaren, what's on your back?" My dad asked with eyes slightly concern. Great.

I totally forgot about the tattoo when I changed Into my sleeping clothes before coming downstairs, which consisted in a pair of cotton shorts and a tank top that probably made the ends of the bandage visible. Im such an idiot.

To be honest I didn't really think about the consecuences of getting a tattoo. As I said before Cece and I didn't really cared about what comes after our bets- which I now think is idiotic, but this time I genuinely forgot to think about even asking my Parents. I know that if I get caught, I'll be in so much crap.

It's in moments like this is that I regret things.

Why not over thinking as I usually do? Of course I couldn't because Cece was into this and she can be really convincing.

"Aaren?" Asked my mom, bringing me back to reality.

"what?" I said, playing stupid.

From the corner of my eye I saw my older brother looking at me with narrowed eyes.

"your dad just asked you something" she said.

" Is that a bandage? Did you hurt yourself?, My dad reiterated "or, was it someone else?"

At that point I was under pressure with everyone's eyes laid on me. I was surprised when I heard Max sighing.

"No, well yes... Dad calm down, It's all Aaren's fault", I snapped my head to look at Max. What the hell is he doing? "Cece missed one episode from the American horror story show. Is not something you want to presence; Aaren was stupidly mocking her about it, they got too violent and well, you know the rest ." He continued trying to explain with a shrug as if he didn't just made that out, covering up for me. Genius.

My dad looked at me as if asking 'is that true?' and I smiled and nodded in confirmation.

Did I ever said how much I love max? Damn, the love is so strong right now that I feel like sharing m-my doritos with him. Okay, okay, not my doritos maybe the sunchips? Yea the sunchips. I owed him big time.

After that my parents didn't questioned it anymore, completely convinced by max. I mean why would they think he would lie about it? Luck was definitely on my side tonight. I turned to look at max and smiled at him in gratitude. He smirked back as if saying 'you owe me'. I guess that was the price.

~~~~~~

After we finished cleaning the table, washing the dishes and doing all the boring stuff after having supper, I decided to call it a night and said good night to everyone, finally heading upstairs.

Once I got to my room I went to my en-suite, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I took my time looking at my reflection on the mirror and started thinking.

Dull brown hair, dull pale skin, dull gray eyes...

I didn't consider myself 'ugly' but there was nothing especial about me either. Everyone thought I had this super high self-esteem but that's because I had never expressed my thoughts about myself to anyone and I wasn't going to anytime soon. I didn't wanted so seem like one of those needy girls who would say 'Im ugly' just to have someone say 'no, you're beautiful' without really believing their own words, just for the attention. I never had someone to call me beautiful- well except for my Parents and Cece but that didn't count.

Cece always tells me that Im beautiful but how can I believe her when I'm so shadowed by her? when she is so freaking gorgeous with her wavy blonde hair, big brown eyes and beautiful personality? No, I couldn't believe it. To be honest I was jealous. Not in the I-need-you-to-die-because-you're-too-perfect-and-you're-not-helping-me-feel-better type of way, but more like I-wish-I-was-more-like-you; if it makes sense.