Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Three miles later, Damian finally took a left turn. After driving straight for what felt like hours I assumed this was the destination swirl. Apparently, I was right.

The streets became more narrowed and asphalted, living the trees behind. We found ourselves in a more structured area. There were a couple of buildings surrounding it and old shops and houses. This zone seemed abandoned and cold, perfect for a zombie apocalypse movie set. Eventually, the streets appeared bumpy and unsymmetrical once again.

My gaze halted on the brunette in wonder. Was he going in the right direction? I was about to voice my thoughts but stopped myself when Damian reached a set of huge rusty gates, positioning his car right in front of them. He honked multiple times in a coordinated sound and seconds after the gates opened with a very loud creak that I was able to listen from inside of the car. It occurred to me that the honking was some type of morse coding.

A guy popped out of nowhere right in front of us, wearing a black hoodie that covered his face and slim frame, also scaring me to death. The headlights and the smoke produced by the dusty floor made it all seem more freaky. The guy approached us and held his two pointing fingers in the air. Damian nodded twice towards the estranger though I highly doubted he was able to see from where he was. He got out of the way and gestured for Damian to go ahead. I stayed silent observing the interaction until Damian eagerly pressed the gas pedal. Once able to see through the other side of the gates after the smoke ceased, my jaw fell open.

A huge crowd was displayed in the area. It was deserted, but it didn't seem quite empty with the amount of people occupying the space. They all had drinks, laughing, talking and enjoying. Most of the girls were barely clothed and most of the guys seemed eager to get it on with them. This was highly ridiculous, may I add.

Loud music played from a huge equipment and different types of lights illuminated the tracks. More than twenty deluxe sports cars were parked randomly, their owners checking their systems and such. I was gawking because this weren't just some cheap-branded cars getting ready for a race; we were talking about Ferraris, Porches, Lamborghinis, Bugattis and countless numbers of sumptuous-looking wheels. Who's crazy enough to put at such risk their magnificently expensive machines for a race? A single scratch could cost hundreds. Thousands.

Damian cleared his throat and I looked up to him. He had a smug expression, tilting one of the sides of his mouth, "Like it so far?" he raised an eyebrow.

"No" I said.

"Of course" He nodded slowly " that drool cannot denny" he said pointing to my face briefly. Of course I panicked, automatically bringing my hands up to my lips but only to have him laugh at me. Seconds after, I narrowed my eyes, finally flipping him the bird.

"You're so hilarious"

"Couldn't agree more " He answered. I pursed my lips and tried not to roll my eyes. "Okay, time to get out. I have stuff to do." he added. Before I could ask him what he meant he was gone. I sighed stepping out.

A fit of coughs immediately attacked my system due to the wave of smoke hitting me unexpectedly. The wind was strong but the night wasn't cold. After uncovering my face from my arms I glanced at my surroundings warily. The situation was already concerning, but at the same time intriguing. I was worried about what could happen if anything went wrong yet I was absorbed by the whole thing.

My eyes kept wandering until they halted in a random group of girls. Their glare towards me was burning, as if I was their worst enemy, even though I was certain I had never seen them before. I did not understand their behavior, but tonight wasn't the night for me to play along. I raised an eyebrow daringly because honestly, I was not in the mood for stupid girls to mess around with me. I have had enough from Damian for today. Hell, I have had enough from the guy for a lifetime. I knew this girls were in search for trouble, just for the hell of it and currently, I wasn't in my most joyful estate.