Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"OH MY GOSH!" Cece squealed. She wasn't even completely inside of the room when she was rushing straight to the first game she spotted, passing by a very amused Alex and two ecstatic thirteen year olds.

"I didn't know she was into this stuff" said Alex, eyes playfully tracing my best friend's steps. She wouldn't stop at only one place since her bare feet would move from one corner to the other. Nonstop.

I quirked a brow "This aren't just 'stuff '. This is freaking Disney World...Well, nearly." I joked shrugging my shoulders, mentally obsessing over the massive room along with everything else in it.

Cece just nodded, agreeing with my words, though she was distracted by a naughty zombie that tried to attack her well supplied farm, only focused on shooting the corpse straight in the eye all the way through the other side of its mushy brain, "Stop stepping on my cilantros, you arsehole!!" she shouted, a little too enthusiastic.

"I see..." Alex chuckled shaking his head. I grinned and proceeded to approach a very cool looking six-pocket pool table. Everything in here was absolutely juvenile. From the classic music equipments to the classic, also modern video games that were place around. The colored lights made me feel as if I was inside of Mario Party and that was enough reason to make me excited. I was eager to touch as many buttons as possible. There was a set of stairs that led to a second floor but this one was already huge and I was hoping we could go through at least fifty percent of the place.

"Have you seen my brother Max?" I asked Alex, suddenly noticing everyone in this room except for him.

Alex shook his head, " He was already gone when I went to look for you guys."

"Okay" I said. He was probably around with my parents. But there was one more question bugging the life out of me that I wanted to know the answer to. I decided going against my curiosity though, because the last thing I wanted was Alex thinking wrong about me asking for his brother. Deep down I knew he wouldn't but I shrugged it off, instead, I went to get ahold of the wooden triangle hanging on the wall.

"You play?" asked Alex, nodding towards the neat pool table next to me.

"Not in a while " I answered nonchalantly. Alex hummed and got distracted by Cece, who was now very focused trying to get past level four in Pac-Man. His eyes would follow her every move, and when she laughed in success of her abilities he would crack a smile at her. He had it so bad for Cece. Instantly, the light bulb inside my head switched on with a not-so-bad idea, a knowing smile smearing across my face, "but.... I do feel like kicking some French ass tonight " I muttered.

This apparently caught Alex's attention, producing his eyebrow to raise slightly, " Okay, I see," he said, standing up from the edge of the pool table and walking towards the cue sticks holder without further explanation. This I understood. This was the start of an interesting match. I nodded and proceeded to position the triangle in the right place, filling it up with the balls correctly and placing the white ball across where it belonged. All of this without saying a word.

"Let's just hope you don't suck at this as much as in poker" I said, recalling our encounter at Cece's a while ago.

He scoffed using the chalk on the edge of his cue stick "you went too far down my ego. Plus, poker isn't my thing," He said, placing the chalk somewhere blindly, "Now, pool's a different story."

I rolled my eyes "Okay. If you say so..." I sighed dramatically, placing the wooden stick on top of the table, "Though I feel like this shouldn't be so... Lacking," I muttered in mocked sadness "Let's make it a bit interesting." I now smirked at Alex.