Chapter 9

Chapter 9

The soft fabric of my duvets was begging me to stay for just a little bit longer. Too bad the definition of 'little bit' for teenagers was basically undetermined -maybe nonexistent, but it barely mattered at the moment. All I wanted was to live with my duvets forever, get married on my blankets and have children on my beautiful, fluffy pillows.

I stirred multiple times trying to wake myself up with movements of my own, but instead causing the opposite effect. I sat down with a loud groan and suddenly got an idea. Taking a deep breath, I did what I thought was convenient in my state of somnolence.

"Ow!" the sound of regret filled my mauve colored walls after mercilessly slapping myself in the middle of the forehead. It awakened me, I must admit; let's call it idiotic effectiveness.

The stinging in my flesh was more than unwelcome, and to prove it, I rubbed the disturbed area multiple times to get rid of the pain. What is wrong with you? My subconscious interrogated, concerned for the thousandth time in my life. I didn't know what to say to that; I'm worried about myself most of the time.

Last night after my brother's embarrassment, I decided to take a little revenge on my dear DNA sharer. Part of the plan demanded me waking up earlier than him, unfortunately. I brought my eyes to the table clock and It read '5:00 AM'.

Standing on my lazy feet I went to my door, carefully taking ahold of the handle and slowly parting it. I tried not make a single sound while stepping out, and succeeded. I walked straight to my brothers bedroom located at the end of the hall -curving my feet and holding my hands like a t-rex; just like those old cartoons characters when they're up to no good. I was about to open his door, but stopped myself when I heard muffled voices. A frowned made it's way to my face.

Was that someone else I heard?

Why would there be someone is my brothers room at five in the morning? Curiosity was running through me. I didn't know if I was right, so to make sure I pressed my ear to the wood in front of me.

"No! Be carefull!" Max whispered yelled."You know what? you can't get out this way."

"Bad idea to fall asleep. Both of us" the other person answered playfully and giggling. oh.

was that a girl?

"It's fine. I don't regret anything" my brother confessed.

Then, realization hit me like a truck.

Max was being sneaky with a girl!

"Oh my gosh!" I whispered to myself in surprise, covering my mouth after realizing they could hear me.

Best timing ever, I thought.

"Me neither" the girl spoke again. Wait.

"Let just go downstairs. I don't want you to get hurt. Just try to be quiet, okay?" my brother proposed. I heard some ruffling, and that was my cue.

I tiptoed, well, tried to. I ran in the quietest way possible, trying not to get heard or caught. After safely getting into my territory -aka room- I couldn't help but eavesdrop once again from inside. They were quiet enough, but I could tell something was going in on the hallway.

I smiled to myself and went back to bed. This was something I could definitely use in my favor. My brother must have some balls to defy mother's number one rule: No boys/girls inside of the house at suspicious times of the day, nonetheless suspicious activities. My inner mischievous alter ego couldn't stop laughing like a goat.

hehe-hehehe-hehe...ok...ok, no.

In the next few hours, I slept like a baby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~