Chapter 15

Chapter 15

We were standing on the sidewalk, each of our backs supported by the brick wall behind us. We've been in this position for almost fifteen minutes, neither of us daring to speak, neither of us brave enough to look at each other's eyes. I could feel his breathing patters change, sometimes slow like the sweetest breeze, sometimes rapid like a hurricane mercilessly tormenting the landscapes, both patterns tormenting me.

The feeling inside my chest would only expand, getting wider and wider. I couldn't tell for how long I'd be able to hold it. There was so much to talk about yet nothing seemed to be the right thing to say.

"Fuck,"

Certainly not that.

From the corner of my eye I saw Damian pace back and forth, taking ahold of his snapback and readjusting it. I sucked on my lower lip, shifting my legs as I brushed my hair to a side. I placed both of my arms behind me, trapped between my back and the wall.

"Oh my God," Damian spoke again, his arms crossed over his chest as he brought his hand to his mouth, pressing his thumb and pointing finger we're his dimples would've popped if he were to smile. He presses his cheeks in frustration, "I'm turning into a nut-job."

"Are," I whisper.

"What?" He frowns in confusion, tilting his head adorably.

"You are a nut-job. You are crazy. I don't know how many times I'll have to tell you until you get it."

He rolled his eyes, "well, you're not the sanest person I know either," he raised his eyebrow, the ghost of a smile on his full lips. My eyes fell on them, my mind bringing me to places where I shouldn't be right now.

"Fuck a bitch," I muttered under my breath, bringing my eyes to the ground. I brought my hand to my forehead and avoided his gaze.

Don't look at those fucking lips.

"Are you okay?" He asked. He stood in front of me, so close that I was able to smell his familiar scent, which I obviously loved. I was caged between the wall and his tall frame, his heat immediately reaching my senses. His warm, peppermint breath brushed against my forehead, his large hands slipping to my upper arms. Before I had a panic attack I escaped from his soft grasp .

"Cool," I nodded, placing my hands on my hips and suddenly feeling the temperature raise and humidity. I removed jacket from my arms and tight it up on my waste. I needed oxygen before I passed out.

"Are you sure-"

"I'm fine!" I said, laughing louder than expected.

His eyebrows creased, his hand scratching the back of his neck. He sighed, removing his flannel from his arms and imitating my gestures, placing it on his slim waist and leaving his biceps completely exposed. The traces of ink on his arms mixed with the flawless tan of his skin was a glorious thing to observe. Definitely tumblr worthy.

After staring at his arms for an unhealthy amount of time I snapped my eyes up. He had a serious expression though I was able to see the small smirk on his lips.

"You're the most complicated woman I know."

"Thanks. You too."