Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I sat on my bed, patiently absorbing the calm before the storm.

It was three deep breaths later when the door parted open, giving access for her to waltz in. She had a serene expression on her face. I wasn't ready to talk about it but I knew I had no way out.

The blonde took a seat across from me, a devious smirk replacing the peacefulness of her features. She crossed her hands on top of his laps, blinking and staring at me dead in the eye.

"Talk," was all she demanded as waited for me to respond, and expecting no argument from my part.

"Not even a 'hi, how have you been this past four days?'"

"Why? I already know you had hell of a good time," She spoke smugly. I gaped at her, determined to object on that statement but she raised her finger to silence me before I could. "Plus, there's no time for that. Now, speak your guts off." I wasn't fond of the smirk on her lips. That little sided smile was everything but innocuous, trust me. That smirk meant mischief. Pure, solid mischief.

"I don't particularly love you right now," My lips mumbled, a pout etching on my face.

"For the love of America, tell me what you've been keeping from me."

I groaned, holding my bag of Doritos and inserting my hand, search blindly for some cheesy deliciousness. I brought the nacho to my mouth and munched on it, motioning to my full mouth.

I can't speak with my mouth full, Ce.

I shrugged in mock apology.

My best friend snapped the bag off of my lap then threw it across the other side of the room. My heart shattered.

"Listen carefully, I didn't come straight from my grandma's house to yours for you to say nothing. Mom and I have been driving for over six hours and I'm tired as fuck, but I decided to come here since I know this is important. I'm not mad at you for not telling me but if you don't open your mouth soon I will take off my bra and shove it down your throat, then go to bed right in this beautiful mattress and make you sleep on the couch downstairs."

Cece's threats have always been original and creepy as hell.

But she wasn't wrong. We tell each other everything and I've been keeping all this things from her. She must be feeling betrayed because that's exactly how I feel when I find out I missed something regarding Cece's life. A breath exited my throat.

"You're right, I'm sorry. It's just that there's so much I don't understand. Like, I hated him last five days ago! I barely know the kid, I met him three weeks ago and now I'm developing all this feelings for him when in reality all I did was try persistently to keep that from happening." A strangled grunt left my chest.

Blondie's face was that of confusion. She had so many emotions running through her face. Uncertainty, incredulity, and shock. This was hard for me to speak about as well for her to listen to. Before, she was certain that there was nothing going on between Damian and I besides pure ire and hatred. That was, of course, until she subtly figured it out yesterday while we spoke through the phone. Besides, she dislikes Damian for obvious reasons, specially the way he behaved so poorly towards me. I was surprised she hadn't slapped me for being stupid and letting this happen. Then again, she's my best friend and she's always there to at least try to understand as much as she can and help me find a solution to my problems. Now that I think about it...I don't comprehend my need to keep things from her.